Dubs vs. Subs

Dubs vs. Subs

• Total voters
I prefer subs, but I can pick and choose through the dialog as I'm learning it. Dubs are usely worthless though there are a few good ones out there.

Kiwik

I shouldn't be talking, since I haven't seen a lot of dubbed anime, but I hink I prefer the subs. A really good dub is a rare thing, I think, and also I like the sound of japanese ^^

Anime are a form of art.
I live in a country where where we never use dubbing because we believe that audio is same important as video.The Japanese Voice Actors are on a very top level of quality and it would be a same to miss their work and watch Dubbed Versions which most of the time are censorned,cut and poor quality.
Conclusion: I preffer Subs with only exception ROBOTECH. ;)

I like subs way better because sometimes I don't understand what is said in english it's easier for me to read the subs ( I'm dutch better in reading english than understanding)

i prefer subs to dubs caz sometimes da dubs r soo awful that its better to just listen to orginal voices in jap languange...n moreover i can learn a little bit of jap thru da subs as well....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HotaruSan @ 11-10-2006 @ 11:04 PM) [snapback]716[/snapback]</div>
Dubs vs. Subs

Ok, I would like to know what you all think about the English and Japanese version of anime and which is better.

I personally like the Japanese version better, but some of you may be of different opinions than me.[/b]
I like the Japanese versions with english subtiitles and karaokes at the opening and ending. I think they're waaay better than dubbed ones. (^)__(^)

well i like both something it sounds better in jap than english and sometimes it vice versa. so basically i don't really care what it is as long as i can understand it.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Suraj182 @ 12-16-2006 @ 8:49 AM) [snapback]1410[/snapback]</div>
Dubbed is horrible. Especially Naruto.

"Hey Narooto...Lets see if we can pass the Choonin exam"
"OK Sarkura...Wheres Sarskay"
Horrible.[/b]
Um, hmm I don't remember the dubs sounding anything like the way you're trying to make it seem. You must have bad hearing. <_<

most of the time it depends on which i see first a subbed or dubbed version. If i get used to the way one of them are then i cant watch it the other way. Just bothers me too much

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neitarg @ 12-21-2006 @ 9:36 AM) [snapback]1507[/snapback]</div>
subs are better English dubs make the characters' voices sound completely different than the way they should sound[/b]
You know why? I do! Because they're not Japanese. DUR! It's impossible...yes impossible, for the voice to be the same as the Japanese, because English is a totally different language. They way that we make our sounds with our mouth is of course different. I hate this argument of why people don't like dubs, because there's absolutely no point to it, because it's impossible. This argument is literally saying I don't like subs because they're in English, and they don't sound exactly like the person in the anime in Japan. I mean really common.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nori @ 12-16-2006 @ 9:41 AM) [snapback]1412[/snapback]</div>
Um, hmm I don't remember the dubs sounding anything like the way you're trying to make it seem. You must have bad hearing. <_<[/b]
That's what it sounds like on TV in England, may be different voices in America.