Drama Section Suggestion

Sanae

Staff member
I thought this may be easier to just have one suggestion thread for myself xD May I ask someone to merge my other ones in here as well (Or, I can just start anew and use this thread from now on for future suggestions) ^__^? The time stamps may look weird, but meh.. Merging takes up less room then closing xD

This is kinda of a question in a way and a suggestion at the same time... I was thinking of putting up a discussion of a drama series, but wasn't sure where to put it ^^ I was looking around the Media section (forgot the full name lol) and two sub sections that fit the bill would be Movie or tv. Although, dramas aren't quiet movies ^^ TV is better, but when people think of tv, they think of shows like House, Jersey SHore, Simpsons, Family Guy, and such shows like that, so I'm unsure, tbh ^__^;

Another potential place is in the Japan section, but there are other type of dramas ^^ Not just Japanese dramas ^__^;

So, my question, where should I put it xD?

My suggestion would be maybe another subsection in the Media section called "Drama" ^__^?

Firstly, I don't support this idea of making your own suggestion thread. It's incredibly hard for people to understand or even bother about your suggestion if you don't provide a brief description of your suggestion in your topic title. Also, categorizing suggestions by the person who suggested it rather than what suggestion it is makes discussing rather confusing. To most, it sounds more like a "Sanae's chat" thread.

As for your suggestion, a drama section is possible, but if we allow a subsection of the TV section called a Drama section, then sooner or later other people will start suggesting even more specific subsections. Would you rather have every single section broken down into many specific subsections which would get little to no activity at all? The entire Media section is rather inactive now, so I don't see the point of having a drama section if we don't have dedicated members who will post in it at least a few times a week.

Bố

[quote name='Hadriel']Firstly, I don't support this idea of making your own suggestion thread. It's incredibly hard for people to understand or even bother about your suggestion if you don't provide a brief description of your suggestion in your topic title. Also, categorizing suggestions by the person who suggested it rather than what suggestion it is makes discussing rather confusing. To most, it sounds more like a "Sanae's nitpickings" thread.

As for your suggestion, a drama section is possible, but if we allow a subsection of the TV section called a Drama section, then sooner or later other people will start suggesting even more specific subsections. Would you rather have every single section broken down into many specific subsections which would get little to no activity at all? The entire Media section is rather inactive now, so I don't see the point of having a drama section if we don't have dedicated members who will post in it at least a few times a week.[/QUOTE]

He said it all.

So I suggested you should change your thread name, since at first I too thought it was a thread for you to personally give suggestions about problems or such etc.......

Sanae

Staff member
Someone mentioned "Taking up space", so I figured I'd just put my suggestions here ^^ Kinda like I've been doing with my other suggestions, but within one thread so I'm not "Taking up space." xD As for the title, I thought it was self explanatory xD Suggestions made by me, but I guess it can be closed and I can go back to making a different thread for every

time I think of something o.o

Thanks for considering my suggestion ^^

[quote name='"Sanae"']Someone mentioned "Taking up space", so I figured I'd just put my suggestions here ^^ Kinda like I've been doing with my other suggestions, but within one thread so I'm not "Taking up space." xD As for the title, I thought it was self explanatory xD Suggestions made by me, but I guess it can be closed and I can go back to making a different thread for every

time I think of something o.o

Thanks for considering my suggestion ^^[/QUOTE]

Well, "Sanae's Suggestions" doesn't really correlate to "Drama Subsection".

You could try categorizing your suggestions by type. If you have multiple suggestions regarding a single section, then just group them together and post them in a thread entitled "(whichever section in question) Suggestions". It makes it much more accessible. That way, it's easier to look at the suggestions as they are related to each other.

And I'm not saying that a Drama Subsection is a definite no-no. If we can find people who will post regularly, then I won't oppose the opening of such a section. ;hello;

In any case, let's hear what the other staff have to say about the matter.

Sanae

Staff member
Yes, I already IMed him to close this for me since this seems to be causing drama, but I missed him just as we went offline ^__^

And what I meant by Sanae's Suggestions was that I would put all future suggestions in this thread so I wouldn't have to keep making a new thread every time I thought of a suggestion ^^ Not just this drama one ^^

I thought this may be easier to just have one suggestion thread for myself xD May I ask someone to merge my other ones in here as well (Or, I can just start anew and use this thread from now on for future suggestions) ^__^? The time stamps may look weird, but meh.. Merging takes up less room then closing xD

@Vandy: Yes, no she would not (lol) ^__~

Bố

We can all say that she doesn't like you very much ;_____________;

cuz you created threads like this.

I don't have a problem with this stuff of course...........though Miyako is an admin and her opinion=her law..............

♣Kaname Madoka♣

whoa why are people telling me who I like and who I don't >_>

wtf I never said that that sorta makes me pissed @ you levi

and since emmie deleted my post I said this

Drama = tv I don't see the difference

unless you mean Stage drama then I'll think about it

SERIOUSLY WHY ARE PEOPLE PUTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!

I don't even have msn anymore so don't give to much credit to what Levi said

and no I have no problem with Sanae... she doesn't Atagonize me anymore so I don't have any amaosity with her... only reason I had a problem was because she would attack me >_<

she doesn't anymore so yea I don't hate her

Sanae

Staff member
Ah, ty for getting back to me 8D I wasn't too sure and wanted to make sure since some may consider drama to be otherwise ^__^

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to make sure other staff members got their opinions on this, since it would be a solid change to the forum. Anyway, two notes:

A) I changed the thread title to Drama Suggestion. If you have other ideas, make a new thread for them. Constantly updating the same thread could lead to ideas getting cluttered and possibly overlooked, and we don't want such a thing to happen.

B) As of now, the staff has agreed that a Drama section is not needed. We fell that the type of shows you are talking about should be included under the TV section, since it is still a type of TV show/genre. I can understand how one might typically think of TV as just mainstream shows like House, American Dad, Glee, etc.. but the section is also for the less popular shows/genres as well, it is made for all types of TV shows/genres. Feel free to create any drama show-related threads in there.

Again, I apologize for the delay, but I wanted to hear the opinions of others before making any kind of final choice on the matter.