Does Heaven and Hell exist?

abarnes

Staff member
I was wondering what you guys think about this topic. Does Heaven and Hell exist? Many poeple believe it does exist and many poeple do not belive they exist. Tell me what you think, and why?

Well I'm agnostic so my beliefs on heaven and hell are the same as they are with god. It's possible that they exist though I personally don't know weather or not they do or not.

Zeta

State Alchemist
not sure about heaven, would like to think so. but if you ever join the army or somthing hell will be at your doorstep (as in war and shooting a stuff..)

Cruss-kun

Pokemon Master
I believe this goes along with the God topic.

Well, it all depends on the religion you are mainly directing this question to. I'm guess Christianity because of the way you stated it. I don't believe in God. My many reasons are explain in the God topic and I don't want to type it again. So, basically I don't believe in either heaven or hell.

Scribe

Insomniac`^
No.
Heaven and Hell are man made fantasies.
Zeus, Sun gods, Jehovah, Jesus, Santa, the Easter Bunny...
etc etc etc....

All these are man made ideologies. It is ignorant to think that there is a heaven or hell based upon thousand year old practices.

Hey, that's up to the believers. If you are religious and have faith to your religion, believe what your religion tell you. If you are an atheist, so be it. No one gonna hurt you as long as you respect other people practices. And I believe that heaven and hell really exist.

Scribe

Insomniac`^
I believe it's ignorant based upon the fact that these ideologies are man made, like I said. These are based upon ideas and myths that have been around for thousands of years.

It's ignorant to believe in such things because you're putting nothing but blind faith in the hands of manipulators ie: Churches, priests, and other religious figures.

I don't want to drabble on for years about every passage in the bible and i won't; because then i would have to write a thesis or something about why god(s) don't exist.

Science explains many different things in the world and our universe in a hypothetical manner; that is to say science can not prove or disprove anything just give theories.
Based upon countless facts... The bible is completely discredited in my eyes.

The "word of God" as said, by "God" in the bible, is a complete contradiction of his words, everything he says continually makes me believe it was some guidelines on how to live your life based upon morals and laws.

Belief in a god(s) is ignorant because that is a primitive way of thinking; how come thousands of years ago all the countless gods from countless religions always spoke to people, or caused "un-natural events"/supernatural events in their wrath or vengeance at us. Yet, in this day and age, say from about 2000 years ago... There has been NO actual events that people have recorded based upon more than one person saying "god spoke to me" that has happened?
Is it because we're smarter? Or... Maybe we're not "listening" to god anymore... or maybe there simply never was a god to begin with. And all of this was a manifestation from primitive peoples to explain things they couldn't: the sun helps plants grow because they need it to produce photosynthesis, not that the sun is a god that gives "life" to plants so they can be harvested.

Think about it. Question authority, and especially the religious figures. They are manipulative and only want you to think THEIR way.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
i agree with scribe this time, as for "And all of this was a manifestation from primitive peoples to explain things they couldn't", i told the same thing to others, but you can't force someone to believe that either, no matter what you say won't necessarily change anything, they have to figure that out themselves :D
i don't have the right to tell people what to believe and what not :)

(i think i was ambiguous again, sorry)

Last edited:
well, i do believe in heaven and hell for due to my own personal experiences, but i really dont bother bout it, but i think i could share a little piece of article which i shared on animeblend a while back, and u guys can give your thoughts on it :JFBQ00214070517A:

Scribe

Insomniac`^
i agree with scribe this time, as for "And all of this was a manifestation from primitive peoples to explain things they couldn't", i told the same thing to others, but you can't force someone to believe that either, no matter what you say won't necessarily change anything, they have to figure that out themselves :D
i don't have the right to tell people what to believe and what not :)

(i think i was ambiguous again, sorry)

The most... Or the least... I can do is give people a choice where they might not have been given one (forced into religion from birth and they believe if they don't believe in that way or whatever they will goto hell)

But other than that; like i said i didn't want to go into it.
It is a personal thing. But blind faith gets you nowhere... Science is one way of looking at something logically but science can't explain everything nor even give the ultimate answer because it is only a theory until it is proven wrong or right (and reality can debated upon for infinity so i won't even go into that lol)

Static: You should share some of that?

First off, I just want to say I respect everyone's opinions and I'm not here to get into bitter arguments or anything like that. This is just expressing opinions and getting to know the opinions of people who believe differently.

It's ignorant to believe in such things because you're putting nothing but blind faith in the hands of manipulators ie: Churches, priests, and other religious figures.
That's what faith is, though. It is the believe of things not seen/fully known.

Science explains many different things in the world and our universe in a hypothetical manner; that is to say science can not prove or disprove anything just give theories.
I believe that science itself is a gift from God. He wants us to be able to understand and learn about the beautiful world that he created all around us. That being said, what are some of these facts? I'm not being sarcastic or smirk, I'm genuinly interested in hearing some of them.

The "word of God" as said, by "God" in the bible, is a complete contradiction of his words, everything he says continually makes me believe it was some guidelines on how to live your life based upon morals and laws.
Once, again, could I see some examples so that maybe I can shed some light or say something about them?

Yet, in this day and age, say from about 2000 years ago... There has been NO actual events that people have recorded based upon more than one person saying "god spoke to me" that has happened?
Oh, trust me, the stories are out there. You just have to look for them. In a world where God is not as accepted as he used to be, things like this aren't put out into the light as much.

Is it because we're smarter? Or... Maybe we're not "listening" to god anymore... or maybe there simply never was a god to begin with. And all of this was a manifestation from primitive peoples to explain things they couldn't: the sun helps plants grow because they need it to produce photosynthesis, not that the sun is a god that gives "life" to plants so they can be harvested.
The answer is simple. We aren't listening enough anymore. Society has fallen far away from God. God is real, he created the heavens and the earth. He created the sun to help his plants grow. If anyone has enough faith and listens hard enough, God can speak to them. And it very rarely an audible voice. It is more of a "feeling". God can lay it on your heart to do or say something.

Canabary

Administrator
I believe it's ignorant based upon the fact that these ideologies are man made, like I said. These are based upon ideas and myths that have been around for thousands of years.

I don't want to drabble on for years about every passage in the bible and i won't; because then i would have to write a thesis or something about why god(s) don't exist.
The Ideologies as presented may be, and I'm not claiming they are, man made. However the idea which they stem from might not be. This is something we can not know. Science has no definite proof rejecting the possibility of a creating force/being which we call God.

We neither have any definite proof rejecting the possibility of Heaven or Hell. Although our concepts may be flawed, we can not know that these "places" do not exist.

Science proves itself wrong all the time. The paradigm of Science has changed dramatically since it's birth in Ancient Greece, and has and will continue to change. Scientific "fact" is quite often changed. String Theory, the newest physics theory has absolutely no proof. It's just never been falsified and could sort of be possible. To believe in String Theory is about as much blind faith as in believing in religion.

If you believe the word of "God" contradicts his own words then please enlighten us. I am curious as to what it contradicts. There are many people around the world who "quote" the bible, but in fact know nothing at all.
You should also take into account that the Bible itself is not written by God. It is written by men, who may or may not have their own agenda, and who interpret the "word of God" in their own way.

Belief in a god(s) is ignorant because that is a primitive way of thinking; how come thousands of years ago all the countless gods from countless religions always spoke to people, or caused "un-natural events"/supernatural events in their wrath or vengeance at us. Yet, in this day and age, say from about 2000 years ago... There has been NO actual events that people have recorded based upon more than one person saying "god spoke to me" that has happened?

Just because you can not see God doesn't mean others' cant.
What God is and what God does, is something we do not know. A saying in the bible says "God acts in mysterious ways". No-one has ever claimed that they know how God is. Yet a lot of people believe God is supposed to be an old man with a beard sitting in the clouds paying extreme attention to everything we do.

First of all, God is not human. It's really that simple. What we find logical and sensible is not necessarily how God thinks, if God thinks at all.
Our ideas of God may be completely wrong, but that doesn't necessarily mean God does not exist.

Second, God would exist regardless of how flawed our idea of God would be, or how flawed our historical accounts of God's work are.

Third, if miracles do happen (which I believe they do) we would never attribute them to God, because we are a scientific based society. If there's something we can't really quite explain, we attribute it to something we find Logical. In truth we are no smarter than our ancestors, only that we attribute to scientific theories, what our ancestors would attribute to God.

Think about it. Question authority, and especially the religious figures. They are manipulative and only want you to think THEIR way.
Of course Religious leaders do. They are politicians seeking as much power on earth as possible. We all know that religion has been used to coheres, commit terrible crimes and enforce specific people's will. But does that automatically mean that all parts of religion is based on this?

As for Heaven and Hell. Our presumptions on it is simply based on human experience and human thought, and is therefore limited to what we experience on earth. If these "places", and I use this term lightly, truly exist they would be impossible for us to comprehend as they would be so far beyond what we can imagine. To believe these places are a place your current consciousness would exist is narrow-minded to say the least.

Last edited: