Do you have a favorite voice actor?

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
There are a lot of good voice actors in anime, and a lot of not so good ones> Then there are a few great ones! One of my favorites, whom i think is extremley talented at such a young age is Aya Hirano who is most well known for voicing Haruhi Suzumiya.

Also feel free to discuss good and bad voice acting here if it is your desire!

Megumi

The colorless notice =.=
Mamiko Noto ~ Jigoku Shoujo , Enma Ai

Hayashibara Megumi ~
Shaman King , Kyouyama Anna
Pokémon (Musashi (Jessie) of Team Rocket, Ash's Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto, Goldeen)

Hirano Aya is one of my favorite Seyiuu as well. She has a incredibly large and versatile vocal range. Not only does she do the voice for Haruhi but also Konata from Lucky Star and Garnet from Dragonaut. (If you've seen those 3 shows you'll know what I'm talking about)

My second favorite Seyiuu would have to be Horie Yui because she has such a ridiculously cute voice and does the voices for equally cute characters like Ayu(Kanon), Hanyu(Higurashi), Tohru(Fruits Basket), Siesta(Zero no Tsukaima), Suzu(Nagasarete Airantou).

And lastly, Kugimiya, Rie, or otherwise known as the Tsundere Seyiuu(No, not really) she provides the voice for 3 out of the very limited amount of Tsunderes I like. Nagi(Hayate no Gotoku), Shana(Shakugan no Shana), and Louise(Zero no Tsukaima).

A few others that have caught my eye, but I wouldn't call my favorites...

Ono Daisuke Yukito(Air), Hosaka(Minami-Ke), Itsuki(Haruhi no Yuutsu), Himself(Lucky Star), Jin(Dragonaut)
Fukui, Yukari Nono(Diebuster), Nia(Gurren Lagann)
Sugita, Tomokazu Yuuichi(Kanon), Rin(Shuffle), Soldier Blue(Toward the Terra), Kyon(Haruhi no Yuutsu), Hideki(Chobits)

oh, yeah, and not only favorite, but i fell in love with his voice at first sight (better said hear)
Hikaru Midorikawa is my favorite seiyuu.
first i heard him in sukisho (sora), then flame of recca (mikagami) , fushigi yuugi (tamahome) shaman king (silva), papa to kiss in the dark (mira), and the newest anime ova kirepapa (chisato)
he did lots of voices, but i picked only some of my fav anime
i am in love with his voice :D

templeofanubis

The Music Hunter/Sharer
Is this for only your favorite Japanese Voice actors? I'd have to check on who I like as far as Japanese VA go, but for English voice actors, I've always been a big fan of Steven Blum, and he has such a distinct voice. He was in Wolf's Rain, Big O, iGPX, and too many others to name

Seki Tomokazu - Gilgamesh (F/S night), Sagara Sousuke (FMP), Brandon Heat (Gungrave), Shirihama Kenichi (Kenichi), Masataka Takayanagi (Tenjou Tenge) to name a few.
The guy has god-like talent.

Miyano Mamoru - Yagami Light (Death Note), Setsunna F. Seiei (Gundam 00), Moondoggie (Eureka 7)

Sugita Tomokazu - Kyon (Haruhi Suzumiya), Sakata Gintoki (Gintama), Yuichi Aizawa (Kanon 2006), Tsuchimi Rin (Shuffle!)

Last edited:
One of my favorite voice actor is Vic, only because I met him in person and I saw the voice actor or Winry also but I don't remember her name...

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
Ishida Akira-
Berserk (Judaeu)
Blood+ (Joel)
Dn Angel (Satoshi)
Inuyasha (Nobunaga)
Naruto (Gaara)
Evangelion (Kawaro)
...and he acts as many more.

Ayako Kawasumi as Nodame from Nodame Cantabile.She also gave voice in many more anime serieses but i think she really did a good job in Nodame Cantabile.

seirei

kumo no you ni
The one that comes to my mind is Miki Shinichirou.He has a distinctive voice :p
some of the anime I've heard him in:
Black cat (Creed)
Gakuen Heaven(Naruse)
Bleach(Kisuke Urahara)