Do Nice Guys/Girls Finish Last?

Sanae

Staff member
Just as the title ask. Do nice guys/girls really finish last? Rather it be in relationships or anything else (going for a job and such) :huuh:

For the relationship side, I think it's a stage that girls and guys go through. When girls are young, they want a bad boy they want to tame.. The reverse of that would be a guy wants to turn a good girl into a bad girl (maybe doesn't work the same way.. lol). Although, after a while, girls grow out of that stage and then they turn to the nice guys, so in a way, good guys end up finishing first.. Even if it is in the end ^^ Same with guys, once they've had their fix with bad girls, they want a girl who can be there for them and only them <3

No, I'm not speaking for others, but from what I've seen, people grow out of those stages where they want a player or is a player..

(Yes, this does deal with relationships, but not asking for relationship advice, so I made it here.)

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Err.. This is a tricky question. I'd say that like you said, a certain point of growing up girls (cant really talk about guys) are attracted to the stereotypical bad boy or more their image and what they represent than the boy in question? I can say from experience that I did find the bad boy types.. thrilling? Sorta but that's when I had just gotten through puberty and all.

But I'd go for the nice guy(or girl) any day of time now :)

Sanae

Staff member
Nice guys dont finish last , desperate guys do.

Girls can tell the difference but sadly the guy cant.
Desperate guys as in those who try to take on a characteristic of someone they think a girl wants ^^?

Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's another good point.. No one really wants someone who's fake.. Unless, they're fake themselves.. I guess lol I mean, how would you feel if you fell for someone and later found out they lied to you all that time.. You never really knew the real them.. Then what?

Desperate guys as in those who try to take on a characteristic of someone they think a girl wants ^^?

Not sure if that's what you meant, but that's another good point.. No one really wants someone who's fake.. Unless, they're fake themselves.. I guess lol I mean, how would you feel if you fell for someone and later found out they lied to you all that time.. You never really knew the real them.. Then what?

Something like that. The difference is a nice guy is nice because he wants to while a desperate guy is nice for a reason.

This involves things like treating more attractive girls nicer or simply consoling a girl who has a broken heart with bad intentions.

They usually put girls on a peda-stool and let them get away with allot of crap.

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
A lot of girls these days take kindness for weakness.

I'm consider a bit of a womanizer and I know girls like confidence in their guys.

being nice always finishes last, so you have to show some pride when it counts.

Diva Elly

Emmie was here
Agree with Renasci on that. You can't be nice and self-confident at the same time?

Now, onto the actual topic. It's a stupid saying, since I really don't think it applies. Maybe it's just that nice girls and boys don't think of getting those life partners as early as others do (Doesn't apply to everyone, of course. I know several nice people who are in a merry relationship)? I, as someone who is actively searching for that "destined love" crap, don't see being nice a bad quality. Rather I'd want my future partner to be nice, among other things.

Just thought a hopeless romantic like myself ought to contribute to this topic.

Sanae

Staff member
Hmm, that's a huge possibility.. THey miss out on getting to know great guys that way :\ I mean, who says they don't have a confident side to them right ^__^?
When did being genuinely nice and being confident start conflicting with each other?
Perhaps, some think being nice is being easily pushed around? I mean, to the other xD

For example.. I'm a nice person and some may see me as easy to be a push over, so they take advantage of that, but that may not be the case (depending what the situation is lol) :smile: They see this as weak, so they don't bother giving a damn, because they want someone they can break.. ?

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Nice guys dont finish last , desperate guys do.

Girls can tell the difference but sadly the guy cant.

I disagree on both points. Guys can tell the difference and yes, nice guys finish last. It doesn't matter how good, how moral, how decent a guy is, the world is going to treat him like shit and so will the people who live in the world. No good deed goes unpunished as they say and the righteous are lambs to a slaughter. There isn't a single "nice guy" in history who finished first and anyone who tells you differently is either a liar or a madman.

I'm consider a bit of a womanizer and I know girls like confidence in their guys.

being nice always finishes last, so you have to show some pride when it counts.

Thank you.

When did being genuinely nice and being confident start conflicting with each other?

1998. Where have you been?

as to being nice and confident you would still need to show some aggression, or be forceful to imply that you are not to be taken likely.
Exactly. Women say they want nice guys and bullshit like that on their talkshows or momblogs but the fact is no woman on the planet wants a nice guy. If they did they wouldn't go for the jocks, the corporate sharks, the politicians, the list goes on. Women don't want a nice guy they want security. Because women want security they want a guy who is physically powerful, a guy who has a great deal of money, a guy who is aggressive. I'm not saying women are shallow but the fact is women are genetically wired to go after men with those traits. Why? Because it ensures the successful propagation of future offspring.

Are women genetically wired to be shallow? Depends on how you look at it, but every woman is programmed to seek in their mate those qualities which ensure their survival and the survival of their young. A nice guy isn't the ideal man for any woman. They're just not.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I disagree on both points. Guys can tell the difference and yes, nice guys finish last. It doesn't matter how good, how moral, how decent a guy is, the world is going to treat him like shit and so will the people who live in the world. No good deed goes unpunished as they say and the righteous are lambs to a slaughter. There isn't a single "nice guy" in history who finished first and anyone who tells you differently is either a liar or a madman.

Exactly. Women say they want nice guys and bullshit like that on their talkshows or momblogs but the fact is no woman on the planet wants a nice guy. If they did they wouldn't go for the jocks, the corporate sharks, the politicians, the list goes on. Women don't want a nice guy they want security. Because women want security they want a guy who is physically powerful, a guy who has a great deal of money, a guy who is aggressive. I'm not saying women are shallow but the fact is women are genetically wired to go after men with those traits. Why? Because it ensures the successful propagation of future offspring.

Are women genetically wired to be shallow? Depends on how you look at it, but every woman is programmed to seek in their mate those qualities which ensure their survival and the survival of their young. A nice guy isn't the ideal man for any woman. They're just not.
I do have a question. <.< If females are programmed to seek strong quality's in men. And i do agree with that. Just to say.
Then what do men seek in a women?

What are they programmed to search for? Someone with a good maternity instinct and a wide pelvis? :huuh:
Someone to protect? Someone to own? :huuh:
What is it, that men search in a women?

noex1337

Emmie was here

I do have a question. <.< If females are programmed to seek strong quality's in men. And i do agree with that. Just to say.

What are they programmed to search for? Someone with a good maternity instinct and a wide pelvis? :huuh:
Quite honestly, I'm fine with someone decently attractive who doesn't annoy the hell out of me (i.e. has something worth saying).

Core

Fascinating...

Conditioned response: supermodel twigs! I mean 300 years ago fatchicks were the choice because their girth suggested affluence.

Suckup response: PERSONALITY AND EYES I DONT LOOK AT A GIRLS BODY AT ALL!

Actual response: Someone who I dont mind sharing the rest of my life with or the next hour.

And on topic. Yes most points have already been pointed out.
On the whole there are 8 female profiles but only 3 male profiles.
Isnt that odd? and did you know that there was 1 male profile that could get all 8 female profiles?

Wonder wonder which alpha male misogynistic womanizing son-of-bitch bad boy playa profile that is...

noex1337

Emmie was here
Conditioned response: supermodel twigs! I mean 300 years ago fatchicks were the choice because their girth suggested affluence.

Suckup response: PERSONALITY AND EYES I DONT LOOK AT A GIRLS BODY AT ALL!

Actual response: Someone who I dont mind sharing the rest of my life with or the next hour.
^This.

Thanks for speaking for women everywhere so I don't have to. We definitely all want the same thing. Maybe I'm different but my ladybot 'programming' tells me to exterminate dudes who are aggressive towards me. I don't want to feel threatened or coerced in a relationship. You say genetically wired, I ask, what about women who don't want children? Perhaps they still desire protection as well.. I know I do, but it's not only a male partner who might provide that for me. Alternatives: family, friends, a female partner...

Oops... Anyway, do nice guys/girls finish last? It all depends on the individual. I don't see what's really bad about that in the end. Being nice is underrated.

Rascal

Thanks for speaking for women everywhere so I don't have to. We definitely all want the same thing. Maybe I'm different but my ladybot 'programming' tells me to exterminate dudes who are aggressive towards me. I don't want to feel threatened or coerced in a relationship. You say genetically wired, I ask, what about women who don't want children? Perhaps they still desire protection as well.. I know I do, but it's not only a male partner who might provide that for me. Alternatives: family, friends, a female partner... Oops... Anyway, do nice guys/girls finish last? It all depends on the individual. I don't see what's really bad about that in the end. Being nice is underrated.
to further ur point, im kinda opposite i like aggressiveness, threats and coercion!(ok, maybe just aggressive natured and not fickle, flimsy, or a pushover. He has to be a leader for sure.) : D see, we're all so different [MENTION=192]moi[/MENTION]

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
I do have a question. <.< If females are programmed to seek strong quality's in men. And i do agree with that. Just to say. Then what do men seek in a women?
Men are programmed to look for a woman who have generous breasts. Genetically speaking a woman with larger breasts is able to provide more milk for their offspring. While most women bottle feed their kids, contemporary practices have little affect on what is already ingrained into our DNA. For me, I don't care if a woman has big breasts or small ones. They're all spectacular. However, the vast majority of men are driven by their genetic instincts just as most women are.

What are they programmed to search for? Someone with a good maternity instinct and a wide pelvis?

That too.

Someone to protect? Someone to own? :huuh: What is it, that men search in a women?

Already answered.

Quite honestly, I'm fine with someone decently attractive who doesn't annoy the hell out of me (i.e. has something worth saying).

Ummmmmm, k?

Thanks for speaking for women everywhere so I don't have to. We definitely all want the same thing. Maybe I'm different but my ladybot 'programming' tells me to exterminate dudes who are aggressive towards me. I don't want to feel threatened or coerced in a relationship. You say genetically wired, I ask, what about women who don't want children? Perhaps they still desire protection as well.. I know I do, but it's not only a male partner who might provide that for me. Alternatives: family, friends, a female partner...

Oops... Anyway, do nice guys/girls finish last? It all depends on the individual. I don't see what's really bad about that in the end. Being nice is underrated.
In every generalization there are always exceptions. I am an exception, as are you. There may be exceptions but those exist in every cross-section and every study. Like it or not however, we have generalizations because they represent the vast number of people in the survey. Most women (at least 70 percent) want a guy with money and don't give a shit about his personality while it's the same with men (70 percent there of, at least) who look for a women with nice boobs and child-bearing hips.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I am kinda glad i am a nun.... now....jk. It seems my instincts are overrated then. Cos well i actually do the opposite. I don't really like it when men have the control. And i also don't need their money. Money is needed yes. But it isn't the most important thing on the world. I can't stand it when guys think they can buy a woman. And fairly speeking that is still a case at least in my city. In any way.
I like taking care of myself. If i wanna share my life with someone. Then it 100% will not be cos of his money. Cos money can't change who he is. Or what he is like...
Like Moi said i guess we are all wired in a different way.lolz

P.S : Yay for the wide hips! Actually i kinda find that cute. <.<

[MENTION=170]Zero Phoenix[/MENTION]

The difference is desperate and genuine nice

Desperate guy NEED the approval of all. So when the world or women screws him over he doesn't fight back . I couldn't give a fuck less what the world or a women think. Im a genuine nice guy. When you earn my respect you earn my genuine compassion. IF you lose it you earn my middle finger...thats the difference.