Divas can draw too! ... definite maybe!

Diva Elly

Emmie was here
So I decided to finally make an art thread here~

Sadly my equipment is still very lacking. I still need to buy better markers, pencils and the like... along with a scanner, my phone's camera won't always cut it.

Now, my first drawing:

Ugh... upon looking at it, I really need to re-do this someday when I'm awake and more experienced with markers (this was my first time using them, don't kill me ;~;). And better paper...

A brainchild piece born when Ara asked me to draw a spider. Well, it ended becoming a yet unnamed young lad in a sci-fi armour and eight limbs.

Personal favourite of this piece is most definitely the armour and hair, I think those two turned out just fine. As for what I hate... anything my marker has touched and his face, ew...~

Opinions, constructive criticism, anything... anyone?

[MENTION=1240]Arachna[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22]Crom[/MENTION] (since you wanted to see... even if it's nothing spectacular...)

I like.
Quite a bit actually, inspires me to want draw the character myself.

The creativity and originality of the design is what stands out. You might say its "not special" but drawing never was really about the abilty to draw perfectly, its about creativity and the emotion you put into it. My advice is dont worry about it being perfect, and just draw. Its a lot better to do 1000 sketches and learn, then obsess over one thing being perfect.

As for critique for your improvement, try practicing some human anatomy.

noex1337

Emmie was here
So I decided to finally make an art thread here~

Sadly my equipment is still very lacking. I still need to buy better markers, pencils and the like... along with a scanner, my phone's camera won't always cut it.

Now, my first drawing:

Ugh... upon looking at it, I really need to re-do this someday when I'm awake and more experienced with markers (this was my first time using them, don't kill me ;~;). And better paper...

A brainchild piece born when Ara asked me to draw a spider. Well, it ended becoming a yet unnamed young lad in a sci-fi armour and eight limbs.

Personal favourite of this piece is most definitely the armour and hair, I think those two turned out just fine. As for what I hate... anything my marker has touched and his face, ew...~

Opinions, constructive criticism, anything... anyone?

[MENTION=1240]Arachna[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22]Crom[/MENTION] (since you wanted to see... even if it's nothing spectacular...)
I like this already. It seems like an RP character, i kinda want to see a bio now.

Diva Elly

Emmie was here
[MENTION=22]Crom[/MENTION]: Thank you so much for your comment! And don't take me wrong when I ask this, but what's wrong with the anatomy? o.o I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with how I did, I know there are faults... but I'd like to hear what is the most glaring fault to you in this piece. Sorry if I'm being demanding...

I like this already. It seems like an RP character, i kinda want to see a bio now.
It will be an RP character, for now named "Necrosis". You'll see a bio once I make a character topic into the Adventure World. ^^

That's some nice solid lines you have there (all my drawings turn out super sketchy >_<). You'd got a good eye for detail, though improvements can be made on the proportions. But don't sweat it; you're doing fine! I look forward to more! :coolgrin:

@Crom: Thank you so much for your comment! And don't take me wrong when I ask this, but what's wrong with the anatomy? o.o I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with how I did, I know there are faults... but I'd like to hear what is the most glaring fault to you in this piece. Sorry if I'm being demanding...

It will be an RP character, for now named "Necrosis". You'll see a bio once I make a character topic into the Adventure World. ^^

Anatomy is the proportions of the body, and the accuracy of the parts that make it up. While its not required to draw in anime/manga style, if you want to draw more realistically, its a must. If you look at the way an anime style character is drawn, compared to a Renaissance painting, youll see that the muscles, bones, and articulation of the body is much more realistic and prominent. Thats what separates cartoons from more realistic drawings, the anatomy.

Look up 'human anatomy for artists'.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Told ya you ll be good at it <3
And here i am posting and i wanna say : THNX YOU! It is amazing! I like how detailed it is also. <3
The spiders on the hands are also a big win. :grin:

<3 [RAINBOW]It is so cool.... [/RAINBOW]