Destiny

Sanae

Staff member
Do you believe in destiny?

Do you believe that what is supposed to be yours will be yours (rather it be now or later)?

Do you believe that what's going to happen in the future is already pre-determined?

NOTE: I guess this can either become a debate or stay a general topic (doesn't really bother me). If it does turn into a debate, feel free to move it ^^

I personally do believe in destiny.It just be a me being a girly girl thing, but meh.. I like to believe things will happen if they are supposed to happen. Although, we don't know what's supposed to happen, so how can we not say that there is no such thing as destiny? I also think things all happen for a reason. Rather it was just coincidence.

This probably does sound very silly, but ah well

Bố

I originally didn't believe it, but stuffs happen and I couldn't deny it now.

Though I still believe you can change your destiny.

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Final destination is a nice movie, but I haven't watched gundam destiny.

lol

Yeah, I do believe in destiny. And I think people can't change their destiny, but they can change the time and the way to encounter their destiny ^^

Hiro14

~ H i a † u s ~
do you mean gundam seed destiny volt? xD

i think destiny is the future from our actions; hence we can change it

err if that's the true meaning of destiny then yes i believe there is such a thing xD

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Oh yes, that one xD

lol

Btw,

des·ti·ny

noun /ˈdestinē/ 

destinies, plural

The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future

The hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate
source: google

I think Sanae is talking about the first definition.

... xD

Isn't there a whole argument about how humans don't have free will at all.

And we are all basically just reacting to stimuli that is based upon what we experience and our biology?

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Yes, I believe in destiny. I believe that whatever choices we make, we would still have the same ending. I dont like to believe in coincidence

But thats just me. It feels like putting everything on 'coincidence' makes it less significant~ And me being a human would like to believe that there is some significance and that it matters~

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
[quote name='Voltorn' timestamp='1306922302' post='142905']

Final destination is a nice movie, but I haven't watched gundam destiny.[/quote]

Bravo to you good sir, the way the page loaded made me think thats all you wrote for your reply~

Anyway, I don't believe in destiny. Then again, I'm not much of a faith person to begin with.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
pre deteremination is a lousy excuse.

Are you destined to suck? Are you fated to not succeed? Are you destined to die at an early age?

is that all your destiny?

I find destiny to be an lousy excuse for when you fail...

Destiny... Hmmm...

Let's say this for example...

I don't believe in Destiny so I will make my own destiny by doing what I want to do. Then it's either I fail or succeed.

But what if all of that is part of "Destiny".

Conclusion, nobody can actually say it's true. Unless proven then it's just another theory.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Destiny, fate... no, I don't like the Idea that my life is written down. I believe it is our choices that puts us there.

I don't believe in it. If the course of my life was already set out for me then I would see no point in taking action to do anything at all. I like (the illusion of) free choice at least.