Could you not spam invitations on Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about half an hour ago, I was invited to the "Zoku Haven" group on Steam. I followed the link here, which lead me to wonder how the hell an upstart anime/manga community randomly got a hold of my screenname. Of course, as soon as I tell my fellow AMV editing friends, they all tell me that they've received the same invitation, which obviously leads me to believe the leader of the Zoku Haven Steam group simply flooded invites to everyone in the AMV.org Steam Group - and probably countless other Steam groups that look anime-related.

Maybe I'm just a crotchety old internet fogey, but this kind of attempt at social networking comes off as cheap and uninspired. Coupled with the fact that this forum only went up two days ago, you just look desperate and floundering more than anything else. If you want to get your name out there, don't do it with this roundabout, under-the-table, not-a-word-of-explanation crap that just makes you look shady. Get the word out by word of mouth so you don't look shady in the process. Oh, I guess it helps to have something unique to set you apart from the hundreds of other communities filling the same oversaturated market.

Now look, I don't mean to be an abrasive asshole here. If I come off as one, that's just how I write and you're gonna have to live with it. I'm not realy in the business of insulting strangers on the internet, so consider this some constructive criticism for a site just on its first two legs.

amanda

I just inviting people in a new group i made, I didnt spam or anything in that sort.. If you dont like it then leave... You DONT have to join the little group I made. Not like I put an gun towards your head and said JOIN JOIN. Its like how you made your steam group, you invitied people yes? then dont complain over here about it. Ur the only one that complain out of everyone I invitied and a lot of people said thanks for letting me in but there always has to be an "person" that has to complain about something.

GodSlayer

Just when does a newly opened site owner wont bother advertising his site? A guy like you who problay don't care and just pay the site for it to die? gg dude.

Letting guests find the site is more like 60% but advertising got us up to 40+ members all very kind. So i would also kindly ask you to leave if you dont like it here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.