Clannad/Clannad After Story

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Clannad AS will teach you a good lesson about life. ^^

Man, I was so freaking sad when Nagisa died after giving birth to Ushio. I cried a lot T_T And then the touching moments, where Tomoya learned about his father, and hugged Ushio while she cried on his shoulder, were very emotional, too. And the worst part was when Ushio died on the winter season. Tomoya regretted that he spoke to Nagisa. He thought he weren't suppose to talk to her. He thought he is the cause of Nagisa's and Ushio's dead. Oh man >_< I couldn't handle it anymore. I wanted to drop it, but it was too late for that, so I kept on watching. T_T ;_; T_T And then suddenly, because of something that happened on the alternate world, where Tomoya decided to be selfish and to talk to Nagisa, the time went back. And actually, somehow, the little girl was Ushio. And the abstract robot was Tomoya. Wait a second... THE TIME WENT BACK!!!! >_< Nagisa was alive and able to give birth to Ushio successfully. I was like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WHAAAATTTTT?! What was that for?! Did I just cry couple times for nothing?! What is this anime trying to say to me?! This is so ridiculous! >_< But at the same, I was very very very sad that I was extremely relieved to see Nagisa alive. It felt as if I was very thankful for the ridiculousness of the solution. After I finished the anime, I spent some time thinking about it. This anime is hella good that It made me okay with the ridiculous solution ^^

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
@Vol: And that is why Yurippe said "You can't just replace someone's happiness with a fake one"

Its actually a shout-out to other KEY shows like this one.

Thought I actually figured it out during the first season that that girl is You-know-who.

(Refuse to put in spoilers~!!!!)

[quote name='Wolfnagi']@Luke: Good god,

A TOMOYA HATER~!!!!!!!!!

ALL SINERS SHALL BE PURGE~!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

Yo Ushio dawg, I'm really happy for ya getting born and all that, but Imma gonna be all distant for five years because I'm depressed. You can crash with your milf grandmother. LOLOLOLOLOL

I just never liked him that much. Which is odd as I found Sunohara freaking hilarious and epic.

Also Kotomi>all.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Luke Fon Fabre']Yo Ushio dawg, I'm really happy for ya getting born and all that, but Imma gonna be all distant for five years because I'm depressed. You can crash with your milf grandmother. LOLOLOLOLOL

I just never liked him that much. Which is odd as I found Sunohara freaking hilarious and epic.

Also Kotomi>all.[/QUOTE]

Aside from that...................................

But before Nagisa's death, Tomoya was AWESOME~!!!!i

Sanae

Staff member
I can honestly say I've finsished the whole series.. Except, for the movie, but I intend to watch that later ^^ Although, I heard it was like a summary of sorts?

Asdfjl, about the two from the other world.. It's always the last thing that comes to mind that's the right thing D= Or, rather the thing that sticks in the back of your mind..

Question: Only look and answer if you have seen Clannad/After Story or if you have no intentions of watching it ^^

Did anyone know that the girl who lived in the lonely world was Ushio and her little robot friend was Tomoya O_O?

Which one was your favorite alternate ending/pairing ^__^?

CLANNAD!!!!!
the transition between Clannad and Clannad After story is just awesome.
And then the supernatural myth in the town that in the end changes things like that. It's just a master piece that made me cry floods and curl up in my room for hours TT^TT
I love the supernatural part with the parallel world and the scenery mixing together to reach ones emotions and really connect with the story and characters.
And don't get me started on the music i was stuck on the soundtracks from this show for months!!!
And Tomoyo side story is awesome she is also my favorite character right after Tomoya.....XD

[MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION] Yeah to be honest with you, I watched the movie... rated it a 2 out of 10 cause it was Clannad/AS in Fast Forward... Dango song wasnt as nice... it was just horrible... no chance to connect with the characters, so there is no emotion over any of it...

The anime though... OH Man... Clannad is by far the best anime I've ever watched... the first anime I ever cried on... and the first anime to change my view on life.
Key did an absolute AMAZING job on this one...
My fav characters are Tomoya and Nagisa... the perfect pair I think... Kyou would be my second choice for Tomoya to be with... then Tomoyo. But Nagisa wins it all cause she is the one that taught Okazaki so much, calmed him down the most, turned him into the easiest character to like.
the Visual Novel was great as well... though i still havent finished it yet XD

Zenk

:monocle:
I gotta say, I highly prefer the visual novel, but who doesn't prefer the original material compared to adaptations. That aside, I highly enjoyed this anime. Definitely in my top 5 and every time I try recommending it to people, they enjoy it (except for one girl who doesn't like the art but then turns around and says she likes k-on despite not knowing that its the same anime studio).

I honestly think Tomoyo and Tomoya are best, especially since it's expanded much more in Tomoyo After and I just like Tomoyo much more than the others. Second pairing would haveto by Kyou and Tomoya since I can't help but love a good tsundere relationship. Aside from that, I wasn't so big on the other relationships, even though I thought Nagisa was adorable the entire time. As for my favorite non-heroine related combination, Sunohara x ANYONE period, especially in the VN. That guy just oozes out hilarity and still tends to have these intense serious moments where he can be quite profound.