Clannad/Clannad After Story

Sanae

Staff member

~Clannad~

The third Key / Visual Art's animated project from Kyoto Animation, Clannad mostly discards the magical aspects of Kanon and Air for a more down to Earth story about a boy, a girl, and the numerous people they encounter in both school and outside of it.

At the same time, it's also about family, as every character's arc in this series revolves around their family members in some form (and even some of the side characters do as well). Whereas Air and Kanon felt like separate stories with a theme that loosely tied the cast together, Clannad has no such disjointed feeling, and is part of the reason that I think this is (arguably) the best written of the three Key animated adaptions by Kyoto Animation to date.

Tomoya Okazaki is a third-year high school student who doesn't like school and lives with his father (whom he fights with often, and is responsible for paralyzing once of his arms). One morning on his way to school he meets a girl named Nagisa Furukawa. Out for a year due to being sick, she feels awkward and alone at school as her friends have since moved on. Over time she opens up to Tomoya and finds herself spending more time with him, changing him in the process.

_________________________​

Clannad is one of my favorite anime series ^^ Very deep and beautiful. Not only beautiful in art, but a beautiful story ^^ It really digs into the bond of family and friendship. Each character is special in their own way. I guess that's why I enjoy this anime (as well as the other two Key productions) ^^

Has anyone else seen this series? I haven't seen After Story yet, but I bet it's as good as the first season <3

As always, please use spoiler tags for the sake of those who have not seen the anime ^^

(Info found here => http://www.themanime.org/viewreview.php?id=1104)

in AS all minor characters explained

well in cost of major character left over

Tomoyo, Kyou, Ryou, and, Kotomi doesn't take part major event

they mostly just a decoration >_<

well maybe it's the compesation?

anyway I also like AS more

because it developed from school life into adult life

this thing rarely happened in anime

heartwarmer and touching

Sanae

Staff member
Who would you guys say was your favorite character (s) ^^?

For me, I would have to say Tomoy ^^ All of them are my favorites, but Tomoyo would be the top one for me ^^ She's calm, reserved, but there's a softness to her ^^ Quiet but vocal ^^

Tomoyo >Kotomi >Nagisa > Ryou >Kyou (out of the girls)

[quote name='Archerguy'] anyway I also like AS more because it developed from school life into adult life this thing rarely happened in anime heartwarmer and touching ___________________[/quote]

Also Tomoya's story does want to make you cry. It is indeed a piece of art. As for my favorite girl either TOmoyo or Nagisa. Although Kotomi has a good background story as well.

well let's see

from the appearance:

Mei

Nagisa

Tomoyo

Ryou

Yukine

from the whole aspect

Tomoyo

Nagisa

Yukine

Ushio

Tomoya (yes why?)

Sunohara (this guy is a lolololol but he got nice arc)

I really like Tomoyo after watching Tomoyo after

when I thought there's nothing can make me cry beside

Nagisa and Ushio death scene

I was wrong >_<

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Finished first season but haven't watch AS yet.

Don't wanna ruin the sad moment with exams >.<

Anyway, anyone wanted to watch CLANNAd together?

As in watching at the same time, even thought different timezone?

[quote name='Archerguy']I really like Tomoyo after watching Tomoyo after when I thought there's nothing can make me cry beside [/quote] Well I wanted to cry in that scene too

[quote name='Wolfnagi']Anyway, anyone wanted to watch CLANNAd together? As in watching at the same time, even thought different timezone?[/quote] Sure, just let me finish my exams and watch Clannad again to get the AS

Tomoyo and Kyou were my favorite characters in the show. Though back then I didn't understand Japanese so I never beat Tomoyo After. I kinda want to redownload it again and play through it, but dunno where to find it now.

Not to mention, I already read the Tomoyo After manga so probably wouldn't be as exciting knowing the story.

Sanae

Staff member
Nagi <3 A "Lets Watch" sounds fun ^__^ A group of us did this in Skype voice chat with Oruan xD Lots of lolz were had xD We had someone count down so we could all start the video (if there was lag, it was a couple seconds off or so) at the same time <3 I think they're doing a "Lets Watch Madoka" one on another site ^^

Does After Story explore Fuko more... Oh noes, I forgot about Fuko T____T She's one of my favorites too <3 I cried when she:

[SPOILERA]Started fading from everyone's memories[/SPOILERA] :cry: I can't hold back when I see others cry xD

I like Tomoyo and Kyou. I've read the Tomoyo AS manga, and I don't really like it. So, does the AS really that sad? I don't get that sad feeling in season 1. Is it more saddening than the Tomoyo AS manga?

@wolfie

sounds like a plan

when sunday should be a good time :3

(not this sunday btw)

@sanae

actually

no clannad AS makes the development of another heroines forgotten

since Clannad AS focused on minor character and Tomoya - Nagisa story more

however...

after ep 16 you can see fuko and the extra ending about fuko

[quote name='Archerguy'] @wolfie sounds like a plan when sunday should be a good time :3 (not this sunday btw) [/quote]

I can only after may 20 D:! But I am into watching both Clannad and AS Again!

[quote name='Miki Sayaka']uwaaaah!!!! i cried while watching After Story...T___T[/quote]

Me too. The harships tomoya had to go through eere just touchin!

godofwar7

[quote name='Ryu_Kaiser']I like Tomoyo and Kyou. I've read the Tomoyo AS manga, and I don't really like it. So, does the AS really that sad? I don't get that sad feeling in season 1. Is it more saddening than the Tomoyo AS manga?[/QUOTE]

Thats because season 1 is not sad :blush:

Good anime, bro, good anime.

Both seasons of Clannad have their ups and downs. The first season really developes the main cast and has some really heartwaming moments. The downside is that at times it can move very slowly.

After Story is great for the emotions and maturity that it showcases. Unfortunatly it dumps all the other characters to focus on Tomoya and Nagisa, my two LEAST favorite characters.