Child Pageants

Utterly disturbing and wrong or not?
Discuss.
I have a premonition. . . in my brain.

*presses fingers to temples* The premonition says. . . that that girl is going to grow up to possess less than average intelligence? Stupid maybe?

Yes, stupid. Stupid conformist parents screwed her up good.

Whoo needs brains and intelligence when you can just look pretty and hook up with some guy who earns enough?
Sometimes, I hate culture.

It can be such a silly thing. . . I'd put that child pageant crap right up there with foot binding on how stupid and damaging it is.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Hehehe, thats low culture for you. But yes, I too believe this sort of stuff is damaging for kids. I mean, you basically raise your kids with the idea that looking pretty is the only thing that matters. That those who look prettier are better then those who dont, because obviously only pretty kids win. Thus reinforcing the notion with kids that such shallow things like make up and fashion is more important then intellectual growth or hobbies that might not fit well with this pretty ideal.

Hehehe, thats low culture for you. But yes, I too believe this sort of stuff is damaging for kids. I mean, you basically raise your kids with the idea that looking pretty is the only thing that matters. That those who look prettier are better then those who dont, because obviously only pretty kids win. Thus reinforcing the notion with kids that such shallow things like make up and fashion is more important then intellectual growth or hobbies that might not fit well with this pretty ideal.
Thats no different then boys thinking you have be stronger to be better. But sadly its in our nature.

The prettiest girl

the toughest guy

Thats what we are raised and conditioned to have as a goal for us.

I don't mind those who pursue beauty, sure. I wouldn't get on a guy's case for going to the gym an hour a day.

But as you said, to drill this into kids in their formative years is so fucking ridiculous. This is their primary time of intellectual and moral development and you can't get those years back.

At any point, an kid who hasn't been raised with any emphasis on beauty can decide to go to the gym and figure out how to work out and work the punching bag.

But I guarantee you, this girl is not going to pick up Plato's Republic in 20 years and learn how to be smart. She's doomed.

Speak for yourself. At a young age boys are taught by their environment to view strength as something big. While their isn't a pageant about strength , that doesn't change the conditioning for it. Boy are as conditioned to view strength as a big part of their worth as girls are to do the same with beauty. When your young thats whats most viewed as a key to success.
Through high school, I remember the top of the (ridiculous) social ladder were the high school sports stars.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Thats no different then boys thinking you have be stronger to be better. But sadly its in our nature.

The prettiest girl

the toughest guy

Thats what we are raised and conditioned to have as a goal for us.
It would be the same if society actively raised its boys with the idea that you have to be the strongest to be the best. However, sports that focus on individual strength arent half as popular as sports that are about team work. Of course, everyone raised with the idea to be better then their peers, but being better isnt as narrowly defined as just strength for boys as beauty is used for girls.

It would be the same if society actively raised its boys with the idea that you have to be the strongest to be the best. However, sports that focus on individual strength arent half as popular as sports that are about team work. Of course, everyone raised with the idea to be better then their peers, but being better isnt as narrowly defined as just strength for boys as beauty is used for girls.
Speak for yourself. At a young age boys are taught by their environment to view strength as something big. While their isn't a pageant about strength , that doesn't change the conditioning for it. Boy are as conditioned to view strength as a big part of their worth as girls are to do the same with beauty. When your young thats whats most viewed as a key to success.

The cutest female gets the most attention from males. The strongest male gets to pick between the females.

This process is in our very nature.

Okay, but is that kind of indoctrination an inherent evil?

What if kids had it drilled into them to be successful or rational or resilient?

If these were adopted and taught during the formative years, humanity would probably benefit.

Okay, but is that kind of indoctrination an inherent evil?

What if kids had it drilled into them to be successful or rational or resilient?

If these were adopted and taught during the formative years, humanity would probably benefit.
A great part of whats drilled into kids heads aren't from adults but other kids and the environment in general.

A great part of whats drilled into kids heads aren't from adults but other kids and the environment in general.
Hence why the Spartans kicked major ass, while we (America) are getting lazier and more stupid with each passing day.

Now if we could just modify the environment somehow without needing to commit genocide. . .

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

The cutest female gets the most attention from males. The strongest male gets to pick between the females.

This process is in our very nature.
Strength? Hmm, no. Strongest people do not have an advantage over other guys when getting all the girls. At least, not physical strength. Having some condition helps, but its way more important to be able to act socially. Like make funny quips about people, say the right thing at the right moment. That sort of things. I wouldnt count that as strength.

Strength? Hmm, no. Strongest people do not have an advantage over other guys when getting all the girls. At least, not physical strength. Having some condition helps, but its way more important to be able to act socially. Like make funny quips about people, say the right thing at the right moment. That sort of things. I wouldnt count that as strength.
Do you really want me to turn this into a which trait helps attracts young females more thread?

All the stupid conformist girls in my school wanted to bang the varsity guys, from what I observed.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Do you really want me to turn this into a which trait helps attracts young females more thread?
Just speaking from experience. I was stronger then most guys in my class. In a straight up fight I would win. Yet I never got any attention from girls. Why? Because those weaker guys were better socially. They did say the right things at the right time, they had the balls to say something brutal. I didnt and I lost. Conclusion seems obvious. Girls do not look at raw muscle power anymore, but at the guy with the biggest mouth. Doesnt matter if he cant punch a hole in a pack of butter.

Just speaking from experience. I was stronger then most guys in my class. In a straight up fight I would win. Yet I never got any attention from girls. Why? Because those weaker guys were better socially. They did say the right things at the right time, they had the balls to say something brutal. I didnt and I lost. Conclusion seems obvious. Girls do not look at raw muscle power anymore, but at the guy with the biggest mouth. Doesnt matter if he cant punch a hole in a pack of butter.
Its not pure muscle but what it usually gives. The strongest guy is usually on top of the hierarchy when your young. As the other guy said they are like varsity jocks. You just happened I guess to not be on that hierarchy. In my experience the alpha male usually controls the group and what it does. Not to say every girl will want him but even those that don't will acknowledge and respect his leadership role.

maybe you just went solo as this fits most is a group setting.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Its not pure muscle but what it usually gives. The strongest guy is usually on top of the hierarchy when your young. As the other guy said they are like varsity jocks. You just happened I guess to not be on that hierarchy. In my experience the alpha male usually controls the group and what it does. Not to say every girl will want him but even those that don't will acknowledge his leadership role.

maybe you just went solo as this fits most is a group setting.
Yes, but humans are social beings. We no longer define the alpha male by muscle. Social skills are more important, especially in our western society. Beating up everyone is not gonna make you alpha male. If anything, it will get you excluded from the group because of your inability to conform to their social norms. And being unable to stand out without resorting to violence is not gonna make you popular with girls who tend to view violence as something for brutes.

That also counts for children.

Yes, but humans are social beings. We no longer define the alpha male by muscle. Social skills are more important, especially in our western society. Beating up everyone is not gonna make you alpha male. If anything, it will get you excluded from the group because of your inability to conform to their social norms. And being unable to stand out without resorting to violence is not gonna make you popular with girls who tend to view violence as something for brutes.

That also counts for children.

Not really , children behavior are far more like the animal kingdom then you think. And then you also have to take into account young girls are easy to influence. Especially if you fit the jock or alpha leader type.

All you have to do is just agree somewhat with what they say and listen to them and you can have a young teenage girl in bed. And this is talking from a none- jock type perspective , imagine how easier it is from them. It gets harder as they grow up.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Not really , children behavior are far more like the animal kingdom then you think. And then you also have to take into account young girls are easy to influence. Especially if you fit the jock or alpha leader type.
We live in a society that abhors violence and brute strength. Such a society does not raise girls with the idea that guys need to be strong. They need to be successful, sure, but success does not depend on raw strength.

All you have to do is just agree somewhat with what they say and listen to them and you can have a young teenage girl in bed. And this is talking from a none- jock type perspective , imagine how easier it is from them. It gets harder as they grow up.
Before you can talk them into sleeping with you, you first need to get their attention. You first need to run the gauntlet of being deemed worthy enough of a girls attention. Looks play a role, social status plays a role and your ability to get noticed plays a role. And usually, getting noticed means saying the right things at the right time. Not beating up someone in front of a girl.