Cheating

Sanae

Staff member
I heard this was a topic to a favorite radio show (but I fell asleep during teh segment and missed it D=), and made me wonder what all of you guys would do..

If a friend's (or family member's) significant other was cheating on them, would you tell them?
I would.. Although, I wouldn't want to ruin a friend's/family member's relationship by telling them that their loved one is cheating on them.. Then, on the other hand, I wouldn't want them to have to go through that.. :huuh:

noex1337

Emmie was here
It depends on whether or not i'm friends with the cheater as well. If I'm not, then i'd break it to my friend softly, and if I was, then I'd either urge the cheater to tell themselves, or at least let them know that i'm going to tell my friend.

Sanae

Staff member
I'd image it would be a toughy.. Especially, if you are friends with both. You don't want to hurt your friend and at the same time you wouldn't want to betray the other's trust (if that was a case).

I'm not sure I would tell them...I would feel really awful knowing, but at the same time, when one partner knows that the other cheated it could devastate the relationship. Some relationships seem to go on just fine with one person having cheated and it never comes to light...not that I think that's good for a relationship, but it seems to work okay for some. Then again, I think I would want to know if I was in that position, so I would probably say something.