Character Limit vm's

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah title says it all. I'm being bothered by the limit of only 400 characters. Besides even when I stick to the 400 characters when its about I think 350 characters my message gets cut off >.>" whats the use of a 400 chracterlimit when even then my message gets cut off anyway? But yeah 400 chracters can be too short for me when I'm talking to someone. So please make the limit around 800 characters or so? (atleast longer than 400 D: ) Now I have to keep posting all kinds of vm's as it never fits in one vm. Causing there to be time inbetween my posts, time in which the other person can have read the comment already and go all
what does she mean cos of the lack of the rest of the vm >.<"

*bows* thank you for your time

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Agreed 100%, I don't understand why we have a character limit set at like 400, when it will get cut off at 350 and we can't even read what those last 50 characters are (Just using Nisa's numbers here and not sure if they are correct or not, but the point is). It will get replaced with a "..." that doesn't lead to any way to read the later part of the message, at least not that I'm aware of anyway.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I'm not sure either but its mostly almost a sentence that gets cut off in the end >.< so I think its about 50 characters, I don't know for sure at all though XD But yeah I just hope it isnt that much of an effort to make the limit higher or not letting the messages get cut off >.< so I can post my vm's normally again

EDIT: at my last vm about 32 characters got cut off ^^" eheh that means the 50 I said were lol too much XD

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Umm, the same problem still exists >__<

Today, I typed some 1000-letter visitor messages, but about 25 letters are missing. >__<

And it's a bit troublesome to remember what I just typed, so is there a way to have those approximately 25 letters appear? ^^;

Thank you ^^

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='Voltorn' timestamp='1307529403' post='149070']

Umm, the same problem still exists >__<

Today, I typed some 1000-letter visitor messages, but about 25 letters are missing. >__<

And it's a bit troublesome to remember what I just typed, so is there a way to have those approximately 25 letters appear? ^^;

Thank you ^^

[/quote]

How could you possibly need 1000 letters for a visitor message? Spaces are also considered a characters btw, so if you have 25 spaces that would explain it.

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Thank you for the respond ^^

Well, I have stories to tell~ xD

Spaces? The spaces are more than 25 though. I always put a space between 2 words. ._.

When I hit 1000, whenever I try to add another letter, the system erases it and brings me to the first line of the post~ That is good~

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='Voltorn' timestamp='1307529990' post='149076']

Thank you for the respond ^^

Well, I have stories to tell~ xD

Spaces? The spaces are more than 25 though. I always put a space between 2 words. ._.

When I hit 1000, whenever I try to add another letter, the system erases it and brings me to the first line of the post~ That is good~

[/quote]

By spaces I mean "paragraph spaces" I should have specified

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm? But when you reach the 1000 and you wanna go over that won't work automaticly wheter you have paragraph sentences or not. you know like you can still type letters but they won't show up after you reach the limit ^^" and you can see that they won't show up >.<" but then even if you have 1000 characters some of the characters still gets cut off and replaced my dots

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Heh? Wait, how come mine still says "characters remaining:400"?

EDIT: Ah, it only works for Konata again xD

I'm not using Konata coz the status thingy is still not working rightly.

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='dark_9tails' timestamp='1307611272' post='149451']

Heh? Wait, how come mine still says "characters remaining:400"?

EDIT: Ah, it only works for Konata again xD

I'm not using Konata coz the status thingy is still not working rightly.

[/quote]

Yeah it doesn't seem to follow the same rules as the other skins for some reason, which is very annoying.