Building a better society

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
What would the best way of building a more perfect society (Utopia)?

How would you approach this problem? What would be the focus of your reforms?
The way you phrase the question, made it a self defeating one, as no such thing as a perfect society or a utopia - was, is and will ever exist on earth, because we ourselves are imperfect. Henceforth, I will rephrase the question as;
what is the best course of action that humanity should take in order to create a closer to ideal model of society.

The first and most crucial steps is to familiarize anarchist's collectivism to as many people as possible.

Secondly, wait for the inevitable worldwide bloody revolution to occur.

Third, once it happen, eliminates the states and collectivize everything but avoid electing an all powerful leader. Use a Syndicalist Federalism model as the foundation for collectivists cooperation.

Draft a new human rights declaration that is universally accepted.

Concentrate all efforts - human and technological resources, in making all our basic needs (should be protected under the new human rights declaration) available abundantly - therefore eradicating poverty.

Once this step is completed, then we can relax ourselves and start to expand on all directions that we view as beneficial.

@ Everyone.

There's a reason I said building a "More perfect" society and not just a "perfect society" lol.

Of course perfection is impossible. But improvement certainly isn't impossible.

My system

If I were to create a Utopian society, I would focus on the inherent problem of man's inherent laziness. Like Zero Phoenix, I would focus on education. I would create a system of communal raising similar to the Agoge in Sparta, with major differences.

The training would begin at age 7 and the training would consist of three branches.

Branch 1 (Strength): Combat, Physical Fitness (Clearly, Combat in this branch would be split by gender) (About 20% of the education time would be in this area)

Branch 2 (Intellect): Math, Logic, Science, Reading, and Writing. (55% of the education time in this area)

Branch 3 (Specialization): Rhetoric, Military strategy, Leadership, and the Arts. (Each student would chose 1 specialization) (25% of the education time in this area)

Depending on the proficiency in each branch, a child would receive a certain amount of food. It would be balanced out so that on average, the weakest 10% would die through the entire process, thus ensuring an evolutionary trend.

Training would end for the surviving 90% at about the age of 17-18, as with high school in the US.

The education would be the only aspect of the society that was autocratic. The rest of society would be based upon a democratic system, with freedom of speech, assembly, etc.

This society hinges on indoctrination and pridefullness to sustain the acceptance of the Agoge system. The process is designed to create stronger, more hardworking, and more competitive citizens who had been trained fiercely to succeed in all their ventures.

With every increase in A means less in the potential of B. Simple economics. It also shows that perfection or anything that you think can be close to it is just imaginary. We make decision knowing we can never be 100 % pleased and satisfied. That is a society, making this thread redundant. Anything we can say is a necessary step in one direction toward a perfect society will also be a step away from another crucial factor in achieving a perfect society..

noex1337

Emmie was here
[MENTION=1268]Denuo Prince[/MENTION]: So suppose there was a society where all were enslaved by the Archduke of meats. Are you saying that there's absolutely nothing that can be done to make a better society in that scenario?

@Denuo Prince: So suppose there was a society where all were enslaved by the Archduke of meats. Are you saying that there's absolutely nothing that can be done to make a better society in that scenario?
You aren't giving enough information. Everything has its benefits and disadvantages. Just knowing that people are enslaved is not giving enough information about the prosperity of the society and the problems it has solved and the problem that still lurk in the society without any known cure.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Easy example then. 18th century france during the reign of terror vs. present day france. Explain to me how they're the same as far as net advantages/disadvantages go.

Easy example then. 18th century france during the reign of terror vs. present day france. Explain to me how they're the same as far as net advantages/disadvantages go.
You explain that. Why am I explaining it? I know nothign about france during that time. This exampel of yoour is as absurd as the last one. I am nto evebn

noex1337

Emmie was here
You explain that. Why am I explaining it? I know nothign about france during that time. This exampel of yoour is as absurd as the last one. I am nto evebn
It was your idea that changes in society don't make it any better or worse, so I'm providing you the opportunity to support your hypothesis. Do so.

You explain it. Why am I explaining it when I know nothing on France in that time. This example is as absurd as the last one. I do not even see your point.

It was your idea that changes in society don't make it any better or worse, so I'm providing you the opportunity to support your hypothesis. Do so.
You cant read right. My idea was that every step toward something is a step away from something. making explaining steps toward perfect society useless. Since anything we state is talking resources away from something else. And that is not how debates go. You do not say a topic and tell me to explain it my good friend.

noex1337

Emmie was here
You cant read right. My idea was that every step toward something is a step away from something. making explaining steps toward perfect society useless. Since anything we state is talking resources away from something else. And that is not how debates go. You do not say a topic and tell me to explain it my good friend.
So then, there's a real life scenario then. France has made steps forward since the reign of terror. Where are the "steps away from something" that prevent France from achieving a net gain? You have a hypothesis, support it.

So then, there's a real life scenario then. France has made steps forward since the french revolution. Where are the "steps away from something" that prevent France from achieving a net gain? You have a hypothesis, support it.
Once again I have no knowledge on France making that example mute. And I am sure just by using common sense the problems that plagued France have not disappeared but just changed from one thing to another as France focused their innovation and steps a certain way it came with disadvantages. They sacrificed one thing for another as they determine which step would meet their goal.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Once again I have no knowledge on France making that example mute. And I am sure just by using common sense the problems that plagued France have not disappeared but just changed from one thing to another as France focused their innovation and steps a certain way it came with disadvantages. They sacrificed one thing for another as they determine which step would meet their goal.
So you support your hypothesis by making assumptions on historical events, i.e. your viewpoints are insubstantial and subsequently irrelevant.
[MENTION=1268]Denuo Prince[/MENTION].

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The increase of A does not imply the decrease of B, unless the correlation between both is mathematically defined.
But this also would mean that such claim is void when applied to the real world, as mathematics is anything but real.
Thus the logical fallacy.

EDIT:
Since I don't deal with assumption, so I'll end my part here.