Boxing

Jimzy

Sports Thread [Boxing for now]

Pacquiao vs. Mosley

Are there people here (except us, Pinoys) who are looking forward to watch the fight?

Also, hopefully, Pacquiao vs. Mayweather?

Who do you think will win between Pacquiao and Mosley, and Pacquiao and Mayweather?

Mosley says he puts down pac at 7. I want Mosley just for the sake of going against the tidal wave.

I know that its going to be a landslide for pac anyway. Right now its very hard to come up with something witty at 3 am.

Shanes 39, theres no way he'll win. At exactly that age everything just goes downhill. No way hell win on that factor alone, I'm not even gonna get into the rest.

Jimzy

>.>

Well, Pacquiao already proved that he's the "King".

I really doubt Mosley to win.

But how 'bout Mayweather?

Who do you think will win?

WTF WAS THAT

I expected a war to occur, not some running hugging fest.

Mosley is way out of his league now. He's supposed to be fearsome with his lightning right.

:/

[quote name='leoblack9']WTF WAS THAT

I expected a war to occur, not some running hugging fest.

Mosley is way out of his league now. He's supposed to be fearsome with his lightning right.

:/[/QUOTE]

Lol, strategy my man. Its just hat every boxer uses that style now after the 90's due to lack of unique trainers, so it turns into a bore fest.

[quote name='Ray']Pacquiao wins!

As expected...

Nobody can defeat him yet. EVEN MAYWEATHER!
[/QUOTE]

Pacs been beat before.

I think Mayweather will lay it on him though.

Jimzy

^ Nope. :)

I guess Mayweather won't make it against Pacquiao.

He might look aggressive but Pac's SPEED is like that of Flash - one of his primary advantages.

[quote name='Ray']^ Nope. :)

I guess Mayweather won't make it against Pacquiao.

He might look aggressive but Pac's SPEED is like that of Flash - one of his primary advantages.
[/QUOTE]

Mayweather is faster.

Fast? Yes. Is Pac fast too? Yes he is too. No more arguments need to be made, and the fight needs to be made too.

Only problem is that May is nowhere to be seen.

[quote name='leoblack9']Fast? Yes. Is Pac fast too? Yes he is too. No more arguments need to be made, and the fight needs to be made too.

Only problem is that May is nowhere to be seen.[/QUOTE]

No, no, you misunderstood the part where I said faster.

Jimzy

I beg to disagree man.

First, Manny is faster. You must watch all his previous fights and notice how many punches he threw every round. How many counterattacks he successfully dodged. How many hugs his opponents did just to stop his punches - EVEN THOSE BIGGER THAN HIM.

One thing more, 'Fast' here isn't pertaining exactly to moves, but overall, the pick-up. :)

And Leo is right, seems like Mayweather is afraid to fight Pac. He even spread a rumor that Manny is using a drug just to make him stronger every fight. Eh? Or it is him who uses this particular drug every fight?

[quote name='Ray']I beg to disagree man.

First, Manny is faster. You must watch all his previous fights and notice how many punches he threw every round. How many counterattacks he successfully dodged. How many hugs his opponents did just to stop his punches - EVEN THOSE BIGGER THAN HIM.

One thing more, 'Fast' here isn't pertaining exactly to moves, but overall, the pick-up. :)

And Leo is right, seems like Mayweather is afraid to fight Pac. He even spread a rumor that Manny is using a drug just to make him stronger every fight. Eh? Or it is him who uses this particular drug every fight?
[/QUOTE]

All of a sudden fast means their overall feats? Last time I checked fast means how fast someone is, not their overall technique. Sounds to me like youre trying to change the definition of fast to avoid the actual subject since you just realized he isnt faster after I mentioned it.

Now that we established that the word fast means how fast something moves, well go onto the subject.

I would like for you to tell me 1) What Manny is known for as a boxer 2) What Floyd is known for as a boxer

Everyboxer has one big thing theyre known for. And Floyd has fought more tougher opponents and won against them all.

[quote name='Crom']No, no, you misunderstood the part where I said faster.[/QUOTE]

I guess I am a bit confused about that part. There are different types of fast in terms of boxing as I understand. I guess you were referring to hand speed, which on Mayweather's part I completely agree on. Pac's handspeed compared to his is debatable. What I'm sure of Pac is that he has supreme agility on footwork.

mayweather's footwork.. I haven't seen much fights of Maywether (pre-oscar) to make a proper comment on that.