Blu-Ray wins!

amanda

Toshiba said Tuesday it will no longer develop, make or market HD DVD players and recorders, handing a victory to rival Blu-ray disc technology in the format battle for next-generation video.

The move would make Blu-ray ? backed by Sony Corp., Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., which makes Panasonic brand products, and five major Hollywood movie studios ? the winner in the battle over high-definition DVD formatting that began several years ago.

Nishida said last month's decision by Warner Bros. Entertainment to release movie discs only in the Blu-ray format made the move inevitable.

Warner joined Sony Pictures, Walt Disney Co. and News Corp.'s Twentieth Century Fox in that move.

Friday's decision by Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the largest U.S. retailer, to sell only Blu-ray DVDs and hardware appeared to deal a final blow to the Toshiba format. Just five days earlier, Netflix Inc. said it will cease carrying rentals in HD DVD.

Several major American retailers had already made similar decisions, including Target Corp. and Blockbuster Inc.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080219/.../japan_toshiba

What do you guys think about this? Im happy because i got my ps3 with the blueray! haha, I knew blue ray would win since it holds so much more then HD-DVD

The PS3 is awesome =]
PS3 is the cheapest blu-ray player out there currently and is like killing two birds with one stone. You can play on it and you can even online with it.
Back to the topic. Luckily i dont have any HD DVD player or HD TV.