Battle-dome Section Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Guys, I think we should have someone who overseer the OBD section.

I think its mainly because the mods usually check that section is someone who rarely goes to OBD section (such as MF OBD or Outskirt Battle-dome) and thus, lacking experience needed.

So I think someone with pure OBD section should overseer the place as they already have well, experience

Recommendation:

sircuss

Roronoa Zoro

[quote name='Emeralda']Rawr, I wouldn't mind, but I'd like to know what others have to say about it first. You know, open democracy, such~[/QUOTE]

Sircuss is an excellent choice in my opinion since she knows a wide variety of verses and powers and an excellent debater. I also think there should be more than one since the threads tend to get a bit heated at times and a little extra help is needed

I wouldn't mind being one...

To be honest, you don't really need to know a lot about verses and characters. Just need to tell whether something is flaming or trolling.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hmmmmmmm,

I wonder, why in MF OBD, we can call someone stupid and not being infract yet here, its different.......

[quote name='"Wolfnagi"']Hmmmmmmm,

I wonder, why in MF OBD, we can call someone stupid and not being infract yet here, its different.......[/QUOTE]

Because MF OBD is a shithole of flamers and trolls.

I can't help but suspect that this suggestion was driven more by personal interests rather than a desire to improve the forum as a whole. Still, I won't discount the idea, since it is an admittedly good idea. Let's hear some more opinions, shall we?

Also, Sircuss is a girl!? I've been getting my ass handed to me multiple times by a girl!? FFFFFUUUUUUUU-

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Hadriel']

Because MF OBD is a shithole of flamers and trolls.

I can't help but suspect that this suggestion was driven more by personal interests rather than a desire to improve the forum as a whole. Still, I won't discount the idea, since it is an admittedly good idea. Let's hear some more opinions, shall we?

Also, Sircuss is a girl!? I've been getting my ass handed to me multiple times by a girl!? FFFFFUUUUUUUU-
[/QUOTE]

Yup, Cus is a girl xD

But then again Hadi, MF OBD section is definitely better when debating and stuffs

Cause at least it isn't that serious and more towards pure OBD debates!!!!

[quote name='"Wolfnagi"']

Yup, Cus is a girl xD

But then again Hadi, MF OBD section is definitely better when debating and stuffs

Cause at least it isn't that serious and more towards pure OBD debates!!!![/QUOTE]

Well, we don't have that many members yet. Our section will surely improve over time.

[quote name='[MENTION=66']Wolfnagi[/MENTION];76310]Hmmmmmmm,

I wonder, why in MF OBD, we can call someone stupid and not being infract yet here, its different.......[/QUOTE]

Why would you need to call someone stupid over personal perception on manga/anime/comic characters, anyway?

Can't Hadriel be the mod for this sub-section? He seems to be knowledgeable enough in this matter, if he is willing though.

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']

Why would you need to call someone stupid over personal perception on manga/anime/comic characters, anyway?

Can't Hadriel be the mod for this sub-section? He seems to be knowledgeable enough in this matter, if he is willing though.
[/QUOTE]

Personal perception? Im not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the poster's thoughts on the outcomes of the battles?

[quote name='Roronoa Zoro']Personal perception? Im not sure what you mean here. Do you mean the poster's thoughts on the outcomes of the battles?[/QUOTE]

Yes, wasn't it the basic purpose of the battle? Sorry, I don't really understand.

Either way, why did you call other stupid?

[quote name='"Murasaki Cho"']

Can't Hadriel be the mod for this sub-section? He seems to be knowledgeable enough in this matter, if he is willing though.[/QUOTE]

Knowledgeable? I've never even been to the OBD section on MF for fear of the propensity of arguments there to devolve into flame wars.

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']

Yes, wasn't it the basic purpose of the battle? Sorry, I don't really understand.

Either way, why did you call other stupid?
[/QUOTE]

I called someone stupid??? O__O I have yet to find a reason why i would call someone such a thing here.

Well, on the other hand sometimes personal perception is wrong.

For example

Many people's personal perception think that Dragonball Z is the strongest verse there is, with Goku being the strongest character, but that is wrong. Especially when someone states otherwise on a battle thread when the opposition is someone/ something vastly superior. The purpose of most battle threads is to see who would win/ defeat the opponents had these people and/ or verses faced off against each other realistically given what those verses and people are shown to do. Defeating or winning here having the meaning that the person has enough power to destroy the opposition to the point of death/ no return/ incapacitation.

Battle threads should be a place of logical debate giving objective evidence to support your argument as to why someone/ something would win against the opposition. Not necessarily personal perception. When your personal perception has been proven wrong using objective evidence, it is time you admit defeat in that battle thread. When someone stubbornly refuses to do so and instead of coming up with arguments to support their case, starts to bash, swears and insult the others who have tried to correct or point out his mistakes, that is probably when i would call them ignorant, but so far, i have found naught a reason to do so.

Fanfics and stories apply the principle of personal perception, not so with battle threads

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
I am fully for this idea, as we could do if every bit of help we can get to make the forums a better place~

As for recommendations, I think Zoro seems to know a lot about this section (in MF), is level-headed and seems reliable enough. I think he will do a very good job if appointed.

As for Sircuss, I don't know much about her so I can't really recommend her, sorry. ><;;

I have heard she is good with this kind of stuff though

[quote name='Hadriel']

Knowledgeable? I've never even been to the OBD section on MF for fear of the propensity of arguments there to devolve into flame wars.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I presumed you have the knowledge, at least enough to understand what are those participants talking about.

Then, we need to choose someone who has good knowledge and rather plain emotion to ease the heat.

[quote name='Roronoa Zoro']I called someone stupid??? O__O I have yet to find a reason why i would call someone such a thing here.[/QUOTE]

My first post was in respond for Wolfnagi's post questioning about certain infraction given in here (or at least that's how I perceived Wolfnagis post), I don't know who was it and why but I wasn't pointing at you personally.

Battle threads should be a place of logical debate giving objective evidence to support your argument as to why someone/ something would win against the opposition. Not necessarily personal perception. When your personal perception has been proven wrong using objective evidence, it is time you admit defeat in that battle thread. When someone stubbornly refuses to do so and instead of coming up with arguments to support their case, starts to bash, swears and insult the others who have tried to correct or point out his mistakes, that is probably when i would call them ignorant, but so far, i have found naught a reason to do so.

Fanfics and stories apply the principle of personal perception, not so with battle threads
How to present an objective evidence over a fiction creation?

Most happened in the battle threads is confronting certain character from certain manga/anime/comic with another character from another manga/anime/comic, whereas never really happened in the real story.

How can you fairly cross confront characters? All arguments will evolve on "I think...", I think.

You fairly prove your point with evidence from the fiction usually. Such as, this guy is strong enough to punch planets apart as shown by this. The best thing you can hope for is people using actual debating techniques, backed by proof rather than "I think".

Status
Not open for further replies.