Avengers assemble!

[quote name='"Kagemusha"']That's right not long now till the Avengers hit's the big screen next year.

Who's looking forward to it?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you could give us less-informed folks a run-down on what the Avengers exactly is.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
I'm only afraid of what they will do to Thor. I mean, in the comics he was able to defeat even the Sentry, but at the same time it's extremely easy to overnerf him into a sissy >.<

Than again, Captain America is also a high risk movie. They already screwed up one movie a long time ago, and how they make that one will depend on the overall Avengers quality.

Considering what they did with Iron Man I have pretty high hopes about this.

I just pray that they keep Scarlett Johannsen as Natasha Romanov. She may not be Russian, but she was great in the Iron Man movie~

I wonder if they'll keep in the Wasp and (was it Atom Man?) that guy who shrinks and grows as well. Didn't like either of them.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, you mean Ant Man? He was later called Yellow Jacket and recently he took the name of Wasp himself. He was a jerk early, true, but he has his moments. Still, a high risk character if he's in anyway similar to his roots.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Actually, I have to disagree with you there Emmie, Captain America is one of the safe bets for comics, I mean its World War II - Its not too hard to make up a solid WWII movie. Comparing that to Thor or Hulk, I'd say Captain America is the easiest of them all.

I just hope its not another Ironman 2, where I enjoy the movie, but not for its action (Seriously, Ironman 2 had such little action, it was shocking)

Also, Rumors are that the villain for the Avenger movie is a combination of Loki and the Skrulls. Skrulls are a great villain choice, however I wish they would leave it for a sequel. Though, as long as Super Skrull looks badass, I'm fine with it. There is no solid evidence on this yet, but its enough that some sites have given it solid consideration. So take this news with a grain of salt.

.... Loki?!?!

NO. WAY.

In which case, I'm actually looking forward to this, haha~

Loki's the reason the Avengers are who they are! Plus, God vs God= BADASSERY ALL THE WAY.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
The Loki + Skrull team-up makes absolutely no sense, which is why I'm even hesitant to have mentioned it. I could see Loki being in the movie for a camo part, but not as a main villain when the Skrulls are in it. Though I could also see the Skrulls just being in the ending to set-up a second movie. Who knows.

Anyway, I'd much rather have the classic Hulk + Loki set-up for the movie, with the Skrulls sneaking in to set-up the second movie.

Skrull vs Kree war would be crazy as a second movie

Well, it's Hollywood. They've made stupid decisions with movies before... *sighs*

I just hope they AT LEAST cast decent people in the movie, nyah. Can't really imagine who could play Loki, though...

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, Loki was my favourite character in Dark Reign and Siege. I especially liked how he ended, really moving~

But yeah, main villain? No. Scheming from the back stage and giving others incentives? Sure~

Main villain... if they make him narmy, I WILL got to Hollywood and murder the people who conceptualized that.

However... the guy they've got to play him, Tom Hiddleston, doesn't seem too bad a choice, nyah~

[quote name='ViváLáDementiá']The Loki + Skrull team-up makes absolutely no sense, which is why I'm even hesitant to have mentioned it. I could see Loki being in the movie for a camo part, but not as a main villain when the Skrulls are in it. Though I could also see the Skrulls just being in the ending to set-up a second movie. Who knows.

Anyway, I'd much rather have the classic Hulk + Loki set-up for the movie, with the Skrulls sneaking in to set-up the second movie.

Skrull vs Kree war would be crazy as a second movie[/QUOTE]

Agreed it's too early to bring in the skrulls, besides tey need to make an appearance in F4 first.

[quote name='Kulitman']If I remember correctly about the casting, Loki is the main villain or something like that. Loki is the reason Avengers was formed anyway. I think.[/QUOTE]

That's a bingo!

Even though they never actually say they're the avengers till the end of issue 1 and it was Wasp who came up with the name.