Auto-log out system...

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
It is really annoying that whenever I get a high score in a game at the arcade, I end up being auto-logged out, thus I have to redo the whole thing if I want to get a high score. I may sound like a game nerd here, but in order to prevent this from being happened, couldn't you at least provide some sort of setting where I can change this? Or is something like this already available? (hence I am embarrassing myself)

Thanks in advance, Insane

Jimzy

I have observed this kind of system many times already. .________.

I guess if you have been idle for 10 minutes (approx. ; this is my theory, meaning, based on experience), your account will automatically log out.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='Murasaki Cho']Did you mark the "Remember Me?" box when you logged on?[/quote]

Rawr, that. Once I log in, I stay logged for several days until I clear the cookie cache or log out myself.

I just checked it in the admin cp and found this:

Code:
Session Timeout

This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.
It's set to 900 seconds (15 min) now, which is about right. It might even make sense, since arcade games don't actually could as activity for the forum system, but submitting high scores is, since it interacts with the database. But it shouldn't log anyone out if remember me box was checked properly. The only thing I could think of to help those people is to either regulary check New Posts for example, and log in first before submitting scores.