Artist's Bar

Budding artists, unite! Feel free to just chat around and discuss about art! While you are not obliged to talk purely about art, please don't go too far off-topic!

Well then, without further ado, chat and discuss!

Hmm, I do sketch in my free time, but that was last year. I sketched anime stuff, although I usually used a reference image to draw. I can't do proportions at all >_< Even though I can picture the final product in my head, translating it onto paper is pretty tough.

Rascal

ah cool ^^ i cant draw anything anime-ish , jus ends up looking strange... I like to sketch living things, animals are my favorites but I can do ppl too.... as long as it doesnt have to look like a certain person xD cuz i suck at creating a good likeness .___. now i wish i had a sketch book... i need a new one

Well, I'm suspecting that it's natural for anime to turn out strange when you first try sketching it, because of the difference it has with real life in terms of proportion. However, many core proportions are the same for real life and anime, which is why I know some anime artists recommend drawing real life first before switching to anime.

Animals are cool to sketch, but one thing I always have problems with is fur. I have no idea how to sketch fur without turning my drawing into a ball of hair >_>