Anime vs. Video games

In answer to your first question, a yahoo search. I was actually watching Death Note at the time, although I have stopped at episode 32 when downloading got to be a pain and am now a little behind.

As for being human, that is such a silly question I couldn't even answer it

Everyone knows I'm a goddess.

If I really had to choose, I'd would choose Video Games, simply because they're interactive. I don't know where I would be without RPGs. They can drain 100s of hours for 50 bucks (or free if you emulate) if you want to get that out of Anime, you're going to end up paying hundreds of dollars.

Yahf

its a hard decision for me since ive had both for a long time. I think i would have to choose anime because i like to see the imagination of them and the art. Most of the games do have this but lack a definite story (conflicts).

Both these art forms are too close together to have a just answer that goes overall. Hence, this forum intrigued me. Since the involvement one has in games causes an increased state of...euphoria, I have to say games are overall better.

BUT! One cannot just have one form of ecstasy in the world. Consider the following, if you will.

I am a game programmer (in training AHEM!) and hence my absolute delight is when I discover new technology or a new way to use something. For instance say, particles in "Resistance: fall of man" (umm explanation.... due to lack of power, explosions/smoke or effect can be just 2d animated pastings on the screen... it would seem like real explosion but it's just an illusion. In resistance the smoke and stuff is READ 3d object..... since they had a lot of room with the next gen console they really went overboard) SO the developer really gave it his complete love since he could have saved a lot of time, money and effort and still get the same pay.

Now keep that in mind and consider "Ghost in the Shell" 1996 the movie. There are a couple of really lengthy scenes where there is nothing but song and music and the artists just show you around their version of japan. Its all hand drawn and unBELIEVABLY gorgeous. It just sets the scene a little bit. If that had been a US movie they would have omitted those scenes and make the movie more gun heavy. But then it would have been just another movie that you once saw.

Now consider "Ghost int he Shell 2: Innocence" IN that movie and in animes like "Ergo Proxy" etc, they now use hand drawn animation WITH CG (computer generated) animation. And in the computer industry, the demand of Artists is now twice as that of programmers. These industries are comming closer and closer togehter.

I of course cannot say for everyone but if I have a choice between watching a hot chick chop off Yoma heads or picking up a controller and sawwing a locust in half. 51% I would be inclined to have my xbox broke down on me again with the red ringie thingie.

Despite being a game addict for 13 years (out of 18) i'd say anime cos theres no worthwhile games for me to play anymore after I completed every remotely decent game in all the rental shops in the town I live in ^^ avg game completion time for me is 2 days :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nomxis @ June 25, 2007, 6:43 AM) [snapback]7957[/snapback]</div>
*slaps doe*

how did you find out about DNA?...and are you human? hehe.[/b]
How 'bout the anime in a game? I love both, played ff7,8,9,10 (Still working with 10 hehe) And I totally hate it that I'm not able to play bleach on the ps.. they just skipped my country :/
nevertheless, you can't fill you're entire day just watching anime right? So playing anime, watching anime works for me

mmm I like games, but games are rather restricted in what they can do and their interaction... though in many cases the interaction is rather pre-planned (meaning, the interaction is more of an illusion)

games end up being the same old a lot of the time, so I'll go for anime :p
(I play lineage 2 when I feel like it)

this tough one...

i barely alive without either both.

anime is definitely for watching pleasure..

the game is..of course for some exercise that you needed after several hour watching the anime.

so rather than have to choose between anime and game..i would rather shoot myself..ah!!!..not killing myself

just shoot anywhere to bear the pain of losing...huhuhuhhuu..

:nono: The topic has distressed me, I never knew i was so passionate about the subject, but I think I have to say anime over games. I know that if I explain myself I'll change my mind too many times so I'll spare myself the suffering.

hmmm that's a tough one. 2 weeks ago I definatly would have chose anime over video games, but then the new Fire Emblem came out and now that occupies much more time than anime... I'd have to say I'd probably die from the devestation of loosing either, but since I don't want to avoid the question, I think I'd pick video games.

Hmmm...a hard one indeed.
I think watching an anime doesnt give as much entertainment as playing a video game.
And though I like anime, but I prefer video games more.

dunno. I love anime although theres a lot of crap out there..same goes for games...
I cant decide for one or the other. I want both ! damn...
damn....