All-powerful Jupiter favor [my] daring undertakings.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Oh my.
XD

Paganism is an umbrella term used to apply to a number of different earth-based faiths. I actually am really fond of it.
The early Roman "Christians" used “pagan” to refer to everyone who preferred to worship pre-Christian divinities, whom the Christians had decided were all “really” demons in disguise, based on the habit of rural folks holding on to their old faiths, But in truth a Pagan is someone who follows the cycles of nature.
And if i am correct Paganism is the oldest religion known to humanity, pre-dating the Christian religion. So it really isn't suprising founding fathers of America noticed it too.
However this article suprised me totally.

Satanism derives from Judeo-Christian-Islam beliefs, usually in the form of a rebellion by ex-Christians, ex-Jews, or ex-Islamics. Pagan beliefs, on the other hand, have nothing to do with Satanism because Pagans don't believe in Satan or a Judeo-Christian god. They only see forms of Christian Satanism, Islamic Satanism, and Jewish Satanism, but not Pagan Satanism. These anti-Judeo-Christian-Islam beliefs represent the opposite side of the same religious coin.
This is a fact. Pagans do not believe in, or indeed worship, the ‘Devil’. In fact Pagans do not even believe in such a concept.It is funny kinda.
Over the centuries, “pagan” became simply an insult, applied to the monotheistic followers of Islam by the Christians (and vice versa), and by the Protestants and Catholics towards each other, as it gradually gained the connotation of “a false religion and its followers.” By the beginning of the twentieth century, the word’s primary meanings became a blend of “atheist,” “agnostic,” “hedonist,” “religionless,” etc., (when referring to an educated, white, male, heterosexual, non-Celtic European) and “ignorant savage and/or pervert” (when referring to everyone else on the planet).

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Sure. I meant it as in the people known as the Picts.Non celtic. In the sixth century, Christianity was introduced from the West of Scotland, probably via Ireland into this part of the country and the Picts were Gaelicised in the process. Their language would appear to have survived unimpaired. But in the ninth century with the arrival of the first Scandinavians the Pictish empire was practically destroyed and the people, driven out of the area, killed or assimilated by later Scandinavians. I didn't wanna offend anyone by not mentioning them. As the example of paganism also.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I think its rather far fetched. Especially with the pagan as an umbrella term for everything that isnt Jewish, Christian or Islamic. If you use that as a standard, then only some countries in the Middle East arent pagan.

And using these umbrella terms really drowns out other, more accurate terms to describe for example Jefferson. The part of him mentioned on the site, where he is talking about Laws of Physics being essentially God, thereby equaling God to Nature is not pagan, but pantheistic. There is a rather big difference between the two. Technically, I think its more accurate to state that America is a heathen nation or an atheistic nation or a non-Christian nation. Using pagan like this will lead to misunderstandings.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I think its rather far fetched. Especially with the pagan as an umbrella term for everything that isnt Jewish, Christian or Islamic. If you use that as a standard, then only some countries in the Middle East arent pagan.

And using these umbrella terms really drowns out other, more accurate terms to describe for example Jefferson. The part of him mentioned on the site, where he is talking about Laws of Physics being essentially God, thereby equaling God to Nature is not pagan, but pantheistic. There is a rather big difference between the two. Technically, I think its more accurate to state that America is a heathen nation or an atheistic nation or a non-Christian nation. Using pagan like this will lead to misunderstandings.
Eh. Paganism, in the broadest sense includes all religions other than the true one revealed by God, and, in a narrower sense, all except Christianity, Judaism, and Mohammedanism. The term is also used as the equivalent of Polytheism.

It is derived from the Latin pagus, whence pagani (i.e. those who live in the country), a name given to the country folk who remained heathen after the cities had become Christian. :shrug:
The belief in, and consequent worship of, many gods. As religions such as the Assyrian, Babylonian, Hindu, and the ancient religions of Egypt, Greece, and Rome...etc....

If i need to go deeper to explain lets say it like this :

Strictest sense : refers to the authentic religions of ancient Greece and Rome as well as surrounding areas.

As Christianity progressed into the present age, a pagan became referred to anyone not being a Christian, and paganism denoted a non-Christian belief or religion. If the religion did not fit into the Judeo-Christian-Islamic or Eastern mould, then one practicing that religion was said to be involved in paganism.

Paganism in history : It was thought that everything had a spirit and was polytheistic, so people had gods and goddesses of the forest, sea, and all aspects of nature. Gods played an important role in every aspect of society.Influencing everything .They also believed in reincarnation and they did not believe in the existence of heaven and hell.

However you are talking about neo -paganism. If i am not mistaken. :p
Today, Paganism (neo-paganism) celebrates the Earth, living creatures, nature, and so on.
Most modern-day pagans believe in more than one god, while others are atheistic.

Did they spell Muslim wrong in the opening? That has to be a bad sign.
Lol..you noticed. XD

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Hmz.

I think the Anglicans/ The cult of Angels/Yazdânism believe in a boundless, all encompassing, yet fully detached "Universal Spirit" (Haq) = avatar. The thing is. I am not sure where to put them.
It views all other religions as legitimate manifestations of the same original idea of human faith in the Spirit. But it is at the same time a "closed" religion in a way.
The founders of these religion are examples of the Creator's continuous involvement in world affairs in the form of periodic incarnations as a new prophet who brings salvation to the living.
Thus, a believer in it has little difficulty being associated with Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, or any other religion, as to him these are all just other versions of the old idea. :shrug:

Why do they have to be so simple but also so complicated... ;cry; I ll never understand religion as such. =/

In ancient times the Cult came to be regarded as a contender to the ascendancy of early Zoroastrianism. This must have been before the end of the Median period, and the movement to overtake Zoroastrianism was perhaps sponsored by the last Median ruler, Rshti-vegâ Äzhi Dahâk. etc..
Zoroastrianism and the Cult of Angels share many features, among which are the belief in seven good angels and seven "bad" ones in charge of the world, and a hereditary priestly class.

Anyway. If i look at it like this.
The followers of the Cult have been the primary targets of missionary work, particularly Christian.
Christian missionaries 'began work in Kurdistan on various denominations of the Cult as early as the 18th century. So in a very very broad way,they where also hunted down by Christians. :._.:

I don't know. What do you think?

noex1337

Emmie was here
Did they spell Muslim wrong in the opening? That has to be a bad sign.
No, both Muslim and Moslem are correct terms, however I have no idea what the difference is.
Hmz.

I think the Anglicans believe in a boundless, all encompassing, yet fully detached "Universal Spirit" (Haq) = avatar. The thing is. I am not sure where to put them.
It views all other religions as legitimate manifestations of the same original idea of human faith in the Spirit. But it is at the same time a "closed" religion in a way.
The founders of these religion are examples of the Creator's continuous involvement in world affairs in the form of periodic incarnations as a new prophet who brings salvation to the living.
Thus, a believer in it has little difficulty being associated with Islam, Christianity, Zoroastrianism, or any other religion, as to him these are all just other versions of the old idea. :shrug:
Isn't the Anglican Church just the english response to Catholicism after it rejected the Vatican Authority?

Arachna

Spider
Staff member

No, both Muslim and Moslem are correct terms, however I have no idea what the difference is.

:huuh::shiftyeyes: me too......:cold:

Isn't the Anglican Church just the english response to Catholicism after it rejected the Vatican Authority?
Hon. <.< I am talking about the Yazdânism or Cult of Angels is a variation of the Kurdish name . Braches..etc.. bla bla bla..
I feel like a history freak here.
What do you think Noex? About the difference.
Um. Not rly. <.<