100 Ways to Die

Hadriel said:
Day 23

My captors are losing the war, so they've devoted their last monetary efforts to a single final offensive. That means that I'm getting less and less food. Yesterday's soup had a dead hornet in it. I'm not eating that shit anymore.

Day 26

More torture. Hands swollen. Can't write much. Why? Why?

Day 20

Need food, but no food. No food, no water, no nothing.

Day 23

Can barely move. Need water...

Day 25

Why this fate?

Day 28

Why?

Are the days supposed to be numbered like that? That's the only thing that really threw me off with that story.

Otherwise, I like these shorts, especially number three - keep up the good work. I'm looking forward for more.

FlamingoTheGreen said:
Are the days supposed to be numbered like that? That's the only thing that really threw me off with that story.

Otherwise, I like these shorts, especially number three - keep up the good work. I'm looking forward for more.

Crap, I completely overlooked that error. Thanks for notifying me! ;hello;

and this #4

makes me trembing o_O

he was there and then what?

no food no water

that was an awful condition to death >_<

and moreover he dead as a nameless soldier

or maybe prisoner

that was nice description u have there handrail

I hope this thread will fill its purpose (writing 100 ways to die)

o yea I request death by a wrong targeted shot (with police and villains as the shooters)

#[5]

Death is a separation.

"NO!"

He heard her voice call out into the cold night. He felt warm, though. Warm from the blood flowing through his body. Out of the wound on his chest. In front of him, he saw his assailant's eyes go wide. The gangster let go of the knife, letting it drop to the floor noisily, and he looked at his cronies uneasily. Then, without a moment's hesitation, they fled.

He heard footsteps running up behind him. Overcome with pain, his knees buckled, and he fell backwards into her arms. As she slumped onto the ground, him lying on her thighs, he could see that her eyes were glistening with tears. As the tears flowed, she kept calling out his name, again and again, a dull, muffled voice to his ears.

He reached his hand out and wiped the tears off her cheek. "What's the matter, love?" he asked and tried to smile, although any movement sent spams down his back. He winced in pain.

"Don't talk," she quickly hushed him, putting her hand on his forehead, feeling its unusual warmth. Her other hand fumbled in her coat pocket, trying to find her mobile phone to call an ambulance.

"There's no need..." he carried on.

"Don't talk. I'm going to call an ambulance!"

"I said, I won't survi-"

"SHUT UP!"

He was surprised. A single teardrop splashed onto his cheek as he realized she was crying more than ever.

"... Why?" she asked between sobs. "Why did you do this?"

"Well," he replied wearily. "It's a guy's job to protect a girl."

"But why did it have to turn out like this?" she cried out, leaning forward, her face close to his.

He could feel his life, his hopes, his aspirations, his dreams, all flowing away like the blood out of the wound in his chest. He knew he didn't have much time.

"Dear," he started. "Do you remember the time I confessed to you?"

In between sobs, she nodded.

"Do you remember what I said to you?" he continued.

She clasped her hands around his hand on her cheek, and nodded.

"What did I say?"

She closed her eyes, feeling the emotional pain.

"You said that you'd always protect me," she whispered.

Their heads were close, and as she opened her eyes, he took another moment to marvel at their beauty, even though they were obscured by tears.

"Looks like I can't keep that promise now, love," he said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she replied.

He felt his lungs seize up. He choked violently, and coughed up some blood. She was horrified, but she now knew that whatever help she called for would arrive too late.

"I love you," she cried. "I love you so much."

"You don't say," he replied sarcastically, although his voice was getting weaker and weaker.

"I'll never stop loving you," she said.

"I know, love," he said, his voice barely a whisper now.

She rested her forehead on the back of her hand, on his forehead, her eyes looking directly into his.

"I love you," she repeated.

"I know," he whispered softly as his vision began to blur.

"Do you love me?" she whispered back.

"Yes," he mouthed silently, his vision fading away. "I love..."

A cold wind blew through the empty street.

May I suggest death by overdose or death by being forgotten? Such as an elderly person at home, forgotten by everyone, dies of (you pick the reason), and is discovered months later...

That's just... sad...

:/

Shadowwolf said:
the GRAMMAR NAZI within me wants you to correct this!

Damn it! Fixed.

Rah said:
May I suggest death by overdose or death by being forgotten? Such as an elderly person at home, forgotten by everyone, dies of (you pick the reason), and is discovered months later...

That's just... sad...

:/

Hmm... Overdose is pretty tricky, because I don't really know the mental and physical effects associated with it. Death through being forgotten is interesting though.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
I watched a show about this, it sounded interesting, but then the first way to die, that I saw, was so..... That I just never watched it again. >________>

Lovely. said:
I watched a show about this, it sounded interesting, but then the first way to die, that I saw, was so..... That I just never watched it again. >________>

Don't worry, love. I don't intend for it to be overly graphic or violent or anything. I'm more focused on the emotions death brings.

Archerguy said:
#5 is more like a soap opera for me >_<

no i don't mean it's bad or something but

I thought we're gonna have nice emotion or satisfaction here

Well, I was experimenting. I don't usually write romance, so I thought I'd try something new. Still, I liked the outcome.

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Update~ : D

Hmmm, A man protecting 'his girl' and ending up dead. Doesn't look like he'd succeed in protecting her now. O_O

I have to agree a bit with Archerguy there. But if it was your first try at Romance, I got to say that it was A-okay. There is definitely room for improvement. The emotions conveyed with your entry don't mesh with the tragidy of this plot. You have just scraped the surface of the emotional voyage~ Also, you can try to stay clear with the cliché situations or maybe add your own twist to it. ^^

Lily said:
Update~ : D

Hmmm, A man protecting 'his girl' and ending up dead. Doesn't look like he'd succeed in protecting her now. O_O

I have to agree a bit with Archerguy there. But if it was your first try at Romance, I got to say that it was A-okay. There is definitely room for improvement. The emotions conveyed with your entry don't mesh with the tragidy of this plot. You have just scraped the surface of the emotional voyage~ Also, you can try to stay clear with the cliché situations or maybe add your own twist to it. ^^

Well, I'll probably revisit this theme in a future chapter, so stay tuned for that.

Anyway, update soonish.

#[6,7,8]

Death is a statistic.

The explosion blew him right off his feet. He felt a sharp pain in his back as he fell to the floor, face down. As he slowly turned onto his side, he saw another soldier, a few feet away from him. The soldier's face was horribly disfigured, shrapnel shells embedded in his cheeks and forehead. The soldier seemed confused, his senses dulled by the war. Then, a wave of horrifying pain swept through him and he screamed in agony. A long, loud scream, competing with the gunfire for dominance.

"Hey, you!" he called out to the soldier in pain. He felt his own breath turn into laboured panting, and he struggled to suck in more air. The other soldier kept on screaming in pain, his body writhing in unimaginable agony while blood flowed down his face and coloured the ground red.

He couldn't take the sight anymore. He slowly turned onto his back, hearing the other soldier wail in terror and pain. The sky was devoid of clouds, the noonday sun bearing down on his face. Soon, he noticed that the screaming had stopped. He turned his head to see the soldier dead, just about three feet away, his face staring lifelessly back at his, blood dripping from multiple wounds. It was disgusting. He turned away before the nausea took over.

Suddenly, he heard a voice. It was his Captain, running through the gunfire to be by the side of his fallen comrade. He tried to sit up, but a horrific pain made his whole body spasm, and he cried out in pain as the agony washed over him. The captain ran to his side and knelt down.

"What's... happening to me, Captain?" he asked.

The Captain looked at his torso and legs, and grimaced.

"I can't feel my legs, Captain."

"Don't you worry now, soldier," the Captain said, although there was uneasiness in his voice. "You'll be just fine," he reassured. It was far from reassuring.

He strained and looked down at his body. To his horror, he saw that his hip had nearly completely dislocated from the rest of his body. It was twisted in an awkward position, surrounded by a pool of red he knew was his own blood dripping from the lacerations on his back. Another wave of pain swept through his body and he bit his lip in pain.

"Captain..." he cried out wearily.

"Shh. Don't talk, son."

"I'm not going to make it, aren't I?"

"Don't be foolish."

"I won't survive..."

"You will."

"I won't..."

Regret filled his heart as he realized that he was taking his final breaths. Tears flowed freely from his eyes, making a clear trail through the dirt on his face.

"I haven't done anything useful yet, Captain," he whimpered, and the Captain looked at him worriedly.

"I haven't made a difference," he continued.

"Don't say that."

"Was my life worthless? Am I just another dead soldier on the battlefield?"

"No!"

"I am, aren't I? No one cares about me, whether I live or die..."

"Stop it, soldier! Think of what she'd say!"

Suddenly, her face was all he could see. Her charming smile, bordered by rosy lips, a mouth on beautiful pink skin. She called out to him. Although her voice was muffled, he could hear what she was saying.

"Don't die, love. Don't. Return, and let's be happy together again. Happy together. Together forever..."

"Captain", he cried out softly.

"Yes, son?" the Captain replied.

"Tell her... Tell her I love her..."

The Captain grabbed his hand and nodded affirmatively.

"Tell her... Tell her that... Even if I'm gone, she shouldn't be sad. Tell her to move on..."

The Captain nodded again.

"Tell her... to always remember me..."

"Yes, son. I will," the Captain reassured.

He smiled at the Captain, and the Captain smiled back. He could die with no regrets now, only that he never got the chance to tell her that he loved her one last time. Still, the Captain would relay his message to her, and with that he was content.

Suddenly, the Captain's head jerked, and his eyes grew wide. A single stream of blood trickled down his left temple. His mouth trembled, as if he wanted to say something. He watched in shock and horror as the Captain knelt there frozen in place.

"S... son," the Captain whispered. "I'm sorry..."

The Captain started to tilt, and he fell down onto his side, motionless, eyes wide open in shock.

"Captain..." he cried out softly, though his voice was weak. "Captain!"

The Captain remained motionless.

"Don't die, Captain..." he called out, though he felt his vision blurring even more, descending into darkness.

No response.

"Don't die..."

"Don't..."

"... die."

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
Yayayay another update 8D and this one is longer~ ;3

A soldier dying on the front line. That’s a brave subject you tackled. I wouldn’t dare to write a thing about it. Mostly because I just cannot imagine how it would be. To be honest, I haven’t read many stories about soldiers on the battlefield. I try to avoid it because it’s one of those issues that can either go amazingly well or just humiliatingly horrific. I think yours was alright though. I do think though that you could have made a teensy bit more personal by perhaps naming this character? Or maybe you deliberately chose to withheld anything too specific for a, eh for lack of better words, empathy?

I have to state that I was slightly confused at the conclusion. I had to read the paragraph again to understand that the Captain was shot/whatever it is that happened to him that killed him. Quite an anticlimactic ending. While we were hoping the Captain would at least fulfill the soldiers last wish, he dies in front of his eyes. That was for me the saddest part. I liked the interaction between the soldier and said Captain, it was soothing for me as a reader. Like we were the ones being consoled. I don’t know if that made any sense.

Oh and a sidenote:

Hadriel said:
Her charming smile, bordered by rosy lips, a mouth on beautiful pink skin.

I don’t know why exactly, but something about this sentence is odd to me. Maybe it’s because I’m not a native English speaker.

Okay I blabbered on way too long >_>

Lily said:
Yayayay another update 8D and this one is longer~ ;3

A soldier dying on the front line. That’s a brave subject you tackled. I wouldn’t dare to write a thing about it. Mostly because I just cannot imagine how it would be. To be honest, I haven’t read many stories about soldiers on the battlefield. I try to avoid it because it’s one of those issues that can either go amazingly well or just humiliatingly horrific. I think yours was alright though. I do think though that you could have made a teensy bit more personal by perhaps naming this character? Or maybe you deliberately chose to withheld anything too specific for a, eh for lack of better words, empathy?

I have to state that I was slightly confused at the conclusion. I had to read the paragraph again to understand that the Captain was shot/whatever it is that happened to him that killed him. Quite an anticlimactic ending. While we were hoping the Captain would at least fulfill the soldiers last wish, he dies in front of his eyes. That was for me the saddest part. I liked the interaction between the soldier and said Captain, it was soothing for me as a reader. Like we were the ones being consoled. I don’t know if that made any sense.

Oh and a sidenote:

I don’t know why exactly, but something about this sentence is odd to me. Maybe it’s because I’m not a native English speaker.

Okay I blabbered on way too long >_>

I choose not to name my characters because I don't want them to be tagged with a personality. I focus on the death itself. Their feelings, emotions, thoughts.

The ending isn't anticlimatic. It's a drop straight into despair. The whole idea of "Tell her I love her" *dies* is cliched as heck, so I thought I'd be a bit more sadistic and kill the Captain as well, just to show how horrific the situation is for the main guy.

Odd, I don't see anything wrong with the sentence. I'll think about it, though.

Thanks for the comment! ;hello;

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I have to say that that last one surely was the mos saddest one T^T oh my gawd that poor soldier :'(

Oh an di can tell you that the one with the man protecting his lover.. misses his own emotions, it more flows over with emotions of the female but not really of the guy, he just stares and watches.

Oh and I"m suprised to see that you havent added suicide yet >.< you know cutting your own wrists or jumping down a high building, those must be subjects to write about right? As that one will want to die... or maybe halway the jump think that he/she doesnt want to die. Hmm Death can also be a salvation in some way... or yeah thats what I hope...

Or dying coz of something so sudden like a heartattack or a intracranial hemorrhage or uhm death by those ants uh forgot what kinda ants but that kinda attack you when you reach their nests. eh or snake bites ofcourse ^^"

Or maybe death coz of an allergic reaction :3 I know people that can actually choke when eating nuts or something as her whole throat will swell untill she cant breath anymore. (unless she eh goes to the hospital immediately or places a syringe full of adraline or some other stuff that will give her more time to reach the hostpital.)

Or death by cancer or some desease like that in which you will know you're gonna die for a long time.

Or death by a caraccident, or death by burning alive in a house on fire or something.

Eh yeah thats enough ideas for now I suppose >.< omg so many ideas and so little comments on your writing >.< but really thats just coz i have ntohing to comment on D:

HappyNisa said:
Yeah I have to say that that last one surely was the mos saddest one T^T oh my gawd that poor soldier :'(

Oh an di can tell you that the one with the man protecting his lover.. misses his own emotions, it more flows over with emotions of the female but not really of the guy, he just stares and watches.

Oh and I"m suprised to see that you havent added suicide yet >.< you know cutting your own wrists or jumping down a high building, those must be subjects to write about right? As that one will want to die... or maybe halway the jump think that he/she doesnt want to die. Hmm Death can also be a salvation in some way... or yeah thats what I hope...

Or dying coz of something so sudden like a heartattack or a intracranial hemorrhage or uhm death by those ants uh forgot what kinda ants but that kinda attack you when you reach their nests. eh or snake bites ofcourse ^^"

Or maybe death coz of an allergic reaction :3 I know people that can actually choke when eating nuts or something as her whole throat will swell untill she cant breath anymore. (unless she eh goes to the hospital immediately or places a syringe full of adraline or some other stuff that will give her more time to reach the hostpital.)

Or death by cancer or some desease like that in which you will know you're gonna die for a long time.

Or death by a caraccident, or death by burning alive in a house on fire or something.

Eh yeah thats enough ideas for now I suppose >.< omg so many ideas and so little comments on your writing >.< but really thats just coz i have ntohing to comment on D:

Wow, those are interesting. I've already planned suicide, but I haven't written it yet. And "car accident" was in #3.