“.hack//The Movie” – 3D CGI Film Announced

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
According to the official website, a 3D CGI film, entitled ?.hack//The Movie?, has been announced. It is set to premiere in Japanese theaters January 2012.*Staff Credits:
  • Director: Matsuyama Hiroshi
  • Original Character Design: Sadamoto Yoshiyuki
  • Scenario: Ito Kazunori
  • Animation Production: CyberConnect2
*Trailer:
[Source]shururururu

So another Kite Character, and a female just like the one in the OVAs.Interesting how in the previous incarnations (all of them) involve the use of a computer, while this one features an MMO that's installed on a futuristic iPhone. Japan must be telling us that mobile games are the future of social gaming.

Franken Stein

Spiral Power!!
Staff member
[quote name='"Shadow Blazer' date=' post: 45288"']So another Kite Character, and a female just like the one in the OVAs.Interesting how in the previous incarnations (all of them) involve the use of a computer, while this one features an MMO that's installed on a futuristic iPhone. Japan must be telling us that mobile games are the future of social gaming.[/quote]Like the with Movie Summer Wars too, Has your information and all your stuff into a mobile phone, and is actually a virtual game tooI haven't actually seen the anime (hack) yet tho

[quote name='"amandaluvsya' date=' post: 45314"']I haven't seen the anime but I've played one of the games.Seems like an interesting movie, I'll probably watch it.[/quote]Haven't even played a single title of the series. Torrented .hack// Infection & .hack//Mutation a few years ago, but PCSX was still not able to play it then (Finding them wasn't easy either, and I still need two more titles for the 1st series). I'm thinking of finding all 3 .hack// GU titles and play that too.[quote name='"FrankX' date=' post: 45317"']Like the with Movie Summer Wars too, Has your information and all your stuff into a mobile phone, and is actually a virtual game tooI haven't actually seen the anime (hack) yet tho[/quote]Summer Wars sounds interesting.People trapped in comas for no reason after playing an MMO .Hack// Quantum, the OVA I mentioned, explains how a bug in an MMO can cause people to suffer comas. Everyone in that timeline has a Computer Chip that has all of their data embedded somewhere on their person, and they used that Chip to piggyback a signal from from them through The World. While the precedent series blame the mixture of coding something that can override the brain through the headset hardware.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
I've just played .hack// Infection from the 1st series. I have mutation but I haven't played it yet.I plan to play all of them when I have some free time.

Strife

Denizen of the Abyss
All of the .hack games are amazing. I would suggest you play them. The animes were great except for the one that was more of a drama.. I forgot which one. Can't wait for this!

[quote name='"Strife' date=' post: 45339"']All of the .hack games are amazing. I would suggest you play them. The animes were great except for the one that was more of a drama.. I forgot which one. Can't wait for this![/quote]You mean Liminality, the 4 part DVD OVA? I actually thought that was good despite not being .hack. It focuses more on the real-world problems of people falling into comas during the first series of games. Each episode of the OVA was packaged with one .hack title of the 1st series, making it seem that the OVA is taking place while you were playing the game.Or maybe you meant .hack//roots where the protagonist turned emo, became badass in a very bad way, got killed and revived, became more emo, fell in love and turned badass in a good way?