[PS2] Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

tyron256

turnabout moderation
yeah, i know the game has been out for a while already but i feel it deserves a review while im in the middle of my second playthrough.

Platform: PS2
Developer: Atlus
Rating: M
Genre: RPG/ Console Style RPG

Summary (Taken from Gamefaqs.com): Shortly after an urban youth begins a year-long stay in the countryside town of Inaba, the rural town's peace is shattered by a horrific murder that leaves no clues or suspects. As the lone incident develops into a series of bizarre crimes, he discovers that only he and his friends have the power to solve the baffling case, bring those responsible to justice, and restore harmony to his new home.

My Review: Long Story short, one of the best RPG's ive had the chance to play. There is a great plotline and on top of that, it has a good battle engine to it. Best of all, the game is able to give you a slice of life as you try to live the life of a normal High School student while fighting evil at the same time. Its like you make the game what you want it to be (though you do need to go into dungeons by certain days or its game over).

Overall Rating: 9/10

Scribe

Insomniac`^
"though you do need to go into dungeons by certain days or its game over" - probably the weirdest thing haha. Awesome, looks like I might have to check this out!

tyron256

turnabout moderation
lol, more like if you dont save who you need to save itll be game over. its an interesting concept since the game incorporates everyday life with the classic RPG fighting. almost like combining a dating sim with an rpg.