What got you into anime?

templeofanubis

The Music Hunter/Sharer
I really liked the art style and like to draw. The stories of some of the anime, as well as the music that went along with it also attracted me as well

amanda

just the storyline to it was amazing, when i was yonger we use to see mickey mouse and all that stuff but when my uncle showed me anime it was a complete different cartoon. It was so amusing and after that I got hooked on it.

Zeta

State Alchemist
Storyline. it was more in def and was just over round more awesome. it had action comedy romance it was everything i wanted in one genera

tyron256

turnabout moderation
Waaay back when i saw an episode of DBZ (it may have actually been the sub) anyways, eve since then ive been into it. even more so within the past several years.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
one night when i was searching for some cartoons on tv, i saw an episode of yuyu hakusho, or inuyasha, not sure. after that i started searching for anime, and now i have a list of another 242 anime i want to watch. and the first anime of which i saw all episodes was flame of recca
i think it's the storyline or the characters that get me so into them.

Last edited:
I have watched alot of cartoon network anime before moving to big time otaku. It was Shaman King, it pissed me off to see such a shitty american acting skill so I had to buy it in japenese cuase I had a feeling it will be better. Guess what, it was alot better. So after that I started to buy alot of anime, and it had the domino effect...

i read the manga hana yori dango, and wondered if theres an anime on it, there was, then i started watching other manga based animes, then that lead to a trail of mindless anime watching 8D

Well DBZ and Pokemon were some of the first I watched but didn't know what anime was then. So I guess Inuyasha was really what got me started. Who knew something so good could come from something so boring....

Tengu

惣流・アスカ・ラングレー
I can't quite renember where I came across Anime first, but the first series I started watching was Neon Genesis.
Lawl I renember having a crush on Asuka when I was realy young.

Spark

Club Member
The beautiful artwork, enchanting music, fascinating characters and thought-provoking stories were what did it for me.