Ugly People

Nori

I was kidding lmao. I wouldn't openly do it on purpose, unless they was tryin to get at me. If an ugly person is tryin to get at me, then that's the first thing I'm going for.

Hahahahaha!!! hmmmmmm..... this topic is kinda ugly!!! Nah but seriously, Beauty being in the eye of the beholder is code for "that person is ugly but I don't wanna say it"...... as for me if I think a person is ugly (which is hardly ever) I simply look for the best part of them...... if they are an ugly @sshole, then I just politely smile and find something else to do (or someone else to talk to), thats just me...... I really can't handle an obnoxious person, no matter how beautiful they are I just walk away..... so to me personality counts..... you cant choose your looks, though you can control your personallity!! :laugh:

Personality counts.....but I'd be lying if I said they counted more than looks.

I've been attracted to people I wasn't physically attracted to at first after getting to know them, but rarely will I try to get to know a girl better that I'm not attracted to. Usually have to meet through friends.

Well I think you all can agree, that some people are just TOO ugly to get close to.

You're walking down the street and you see a man with long, greasy haired, one eye, sallow, yellow eye and face, rotting teeth, bloody cracked lips, hairy ears and nose, unibrow, massively overweight, sweat stained clothes, and etc.

There's not anyone in their right mind that's going to willingly walk up and start a conversation or god forbid have sex with.

There comes a point where you just have bad facial features, and then there's bad hygiene...I think the latter could be rounded up and "disposed" with, no one likes the smelly kid.

That sounds mostly like an ungroomed/hygiene issue that you've described there, though, isn't it? He could be perfectly presentable with a shower or two, a haircut, a shave, etc. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Doe @ August 5, 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]10071[/snapback]</div>
That sounds mostly like an ungroomed/hygiene issue that you've described there, though, isn't it? He could be perfectly presentable with a shower or two, a haircut, a shave, etc. :p[/b]
A standard posted above was that we don't have the right to judge others based on appearance. If that standard is true, then we don't have the right to judge others based on their hygiene, either, as hygiene is part of one's appearance. The person defending that standard should be willing to tap any bile-drooling human hippo with a heart of gold. Seems like a bad idea - unless you're a saint - and you're here, so you're not.

One counter-standard could be that we don't have the right to judge others based on things outside their control. If this standard is true, then we don't blame uglies for being uglies, but we'd blame anyone for neglecting themselves and being dirty. The problem is that money and access to things like showers and good dental care may be outside their control, so it's difficult to know whether a dirty person is dirty by choice or dirty by circumstance. Out on the street, we wouldn't know who to judge negatively, so it's a useless standard until you get to know a person. Still, it is a just one.

Another counter-standard could be that we should simply judge others based on appearance. This is a standard accepted in mainstream Western society and is definitely unjust, but deeply practical, and rooted deep in human nature as an instinctive revulsion when exposed to age and disease.

Judging everyone negatively is both equitable and practical, rendering the question moot. The internet hate machine does this.

Well.. agreed that it's wrong to make fun of people if they're ugly, but if they're assholes, then make fun of them for being assholes! their looks dont have to come into the picture.
but i am opposed to outright teasing someone unless provoked, so i think if they're full of themselves, they'll have a reality check later in life (or sooner :wink: ) depending on how bad a person they are. i think, let it happen, you just dont have to be the one to do it.. because life will catch up with them eventually

It really depends sort of a case-by-case basis. But in general, it wouldn't be really right to make fun of someone just because they are ugly. For cases 1 and 3, it wouldn't be right since they didn't really do anything wrong to justify us to make fun of them.

Cases 2 and 4, I don't see why we should hold back on making fun of them!

I criticise people who don't dress decently but i dont do it if they just look uglbut if theyre an ass... well thats a different story- I'm gonig to criticise them anyway so why not do it on their looks :p

Hahahaha i dont like making fun of ugly people since its much more fun teasin "normal" people, like Bryan, hes my friend since he has problems with hes leg i keep asking him if hes gonna make an army of the crippled, and ive ben teasing my friend Freddy for a year now that hes gonna be a fag and the King of Male Amazons, you get much more laugh out of those jokes ;)

If I feel like it, I make fun of people. I do it for the lulz

But, I don't go up to there face and say it, because 90% of people can't take a joke. And I don't say anything I can't/won't repeat

Well, making fun of ugly people could be another waste of time for me. I rather have fun with my friends than poking out stuff on other people. I am just putting into my mind that no one's perfect.

personally, i dont think its nice to make fun off people you might not think are to pretty or handsome, because it hurts deep down and could scar a person for the rest of their lives. even if they are being a total jerk and thinking they look the best ever just let them be they are only making fools out of themselves why stop by saying something equally stupid or mean? they are probly only doing it to make themselves feel better. besides i know what its like to be made fun of just because people didnt think i was pretty but said to my face i was ugly. and it hurt, alot to be made fun of and picked on. and if you were in that situation would you want to be made fun of or stared at? you should always consider the other persons feelings as if you were in their position.