Marijuana

I live in the place where the majority of it is produced. I believe it's still the majority producer. I smell it almost everywhere- uni, parties, rinks, movies, beaches, the only place I can't smell it is on the bus. The rain soaked ppl around prolly drown out the smell tho. I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry around but only up to certain amounts for 'medical reasons'. And the act of distributing is illegal. Once again it's just a I think thing, since I don't pay attention to politics.

I know ppl who smoke it all the time some of them are actually very smart. It helps one of my friends write philosphy papers. Some on the other hand, aren't that bright, but they weren't that bright to begin with so yea. The friend who smokes it constantly is perfectly fine, same old person just with less cash.

I, personally, wouldn't go for it cuz I don't like smoking in general and smell ain't that appealing.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blh16166 @ June 18, 2007, 6:37 PM) [snapback]7634[/snapback]</div>
I live in the place where the majority of it is produced. I believe it's still the majority producer. I smell it almost everywhere- uni, parties, rinks, movies, beaches, the only place I can't smell it is on the bus. The rain soaked ppl around prolly drown out the smell tho. I'm pretty sure it's legal to carry around but only up to certain amounts for 'medical reasons'. And the act of distributing is illegal. Once again it's just a I think thing, since I don't pay attention to politics.

I know ppl who smoke it all the time some of them are actually very smart. It helps one of my friends write philosphy papers. Some on the other hand, aren't that bright, but they weren't that bright to begin with so yea. The friend who smokes it constantly is perfectly fine, same old person just with less cash.

I, personally, wouldn't go for it cuz I don't like smoking in general and smell ain't that appealing.[/b]
Do you live in the U.S.? Sounds like you live in Canada.

Taking into account the really high car accident rate for such a small country where even alcohol is illegal, I'm against it. If this is how it is with people driving sober, I shudder to think what it would be like otherwise. We've already got enough idiots on the road. Besides, this is an Islamic country...Possession of drugs and drug trafficking are serious crimes.

Nori

Yea I figured it was Canada, cause you said it was legal to have Marijuana, which in the U.S. it definitely isn't lol.

Swiss

function Swiss()
Well again it'skinda legal only for rastafarians here, but not really legal. They get away with it because they have proff that it's apart of their religion.

Ah well, since I promised I'd post a couple of replies, I might as well do it here.

So, marihuana...well, as I said in my introduction im from the Netherlands and as you may or may not know marihuana can be bought here in shops known as "coffeeshops". Here we have a policy called "gedoogbeleid" which means something like, "It's not exactly legal, but we'll allow it". Almost all the bigger villages have at least one coffeshop, and cities like Amsterdam have douzens. I live in a town with roughly 20.000 citizens and we have 3 coffeshops. Personally I've smoked weed since I was 14, and still do occasionally. Occasionally means about once a week though, so some of you might regard that as a lot. Smoking it here is nothing special, there are less problems with it than with alcohol or xtc, and most people have tried it, though most dont smoke often or at all. I have run into some problems with weed, most of them relate to school-going and general lethargic behaviour, but I ended up in University, so no real problems. Smoking too much is really bad, but drinking too much, sleeping too much, fucking too much, eating too much, running too much, watching anime too much, playing videogames too much are all very bad for you. Driving a car could kill you, and inhaling the exhaust fumes probably will too. Im not defending the smoking of marihuana, but if you label it as drugs, you really should also label alcohol, coffee and chocolate (to name but a few things) as such. As for it being stupid because you damage youre own body, hell, please let me decide for myself what ill do with my body.

Marijuana isn't bad for your health in any way, besides the obvious chance of lung cancer, taking into consideration that you really shouldn't drive while on it, but personally I've never seen my friends have any problems, in fact they drive better because you are focused on driving, and while in the euphoric state, you are better able to concentrate. No one in the history of obituaries or medical science has ever died from marijuana. Its helped many people with Leukemia, who can finally live the rest of their lives happily. There was the study of a doctor who had a son, his son had Leukemia. Everytime who would goto his 'therapy', he'd get sick for days after. One day, after the doctor had studied the effects of marijuana, he allowed his son to try it once to measure it's effects, it worked and after he would never be sick after his therapies, smoking 30 minutes before he went

Yeah, I smoke it. Erm, I used to until my probation was extended. I've smoked for 6 years, and never once has it cause any problems. The war on drugs was just like the alcohol prohibition, it created an underground society devoted to it. Drugs in general have become about 30x cheaper since it. Wasting prison space for drugs, I could understand Heroin, but really they should just be taken to a rehabilitation, when there are murderers and people committing felonies can't get into proper prisons because the space is wasted, as well as it costing over a billion dollars of tax payers money each year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Durinnl @ June 26, 2007, 4:34 PM) [snapback]7999[/snapback]</div>
you really should also label alcohol, coffee and chocolate (to name but a few things) as such.[/b]
Caffeine is a drug, so technically coffee and chocolate do fall under that category.

Wahahaha awesome I always love threads with the topic drugs :p . It's actually cuz I live in a country or at least in a country that has a city (Amsterdam) where that is legal. Holland! :D . I just dont get why they dont autorize that stuff when it is in fact legal to drink alcohol. That stuff is way more dangerous than soft drugs. The amount of victims of alcohol is way higher than that of drugs. I dont suggest the government should consider legalizing drugs but if the drugs aint legal, why is alcohol?

lol while reading this I really seem to be a bit sadistic in a way huh :p

Uhu, I think they'd sell even better. But hey, the Netherlands found a way to work this prob out (well it still could go either way). But whats the use, if you'll support people who are to addicted wih giving them a certain amount of drugs, of the restricts. It isn't possible to maintain a drugsfree place but you can make some compromises. That way you can concentrate more on some serious crimes.

Swiss

function Swiss()
All the dj's/ singers here are madly in love with marijuana. That's one of their favourite topics to sing about. Like this quote from an artist name Wayne Marshall (here's a piece of the song),

" I want marry Wanna, marry Wanna, she is the girl for me, yea, I want marry Wanna, marry Wanna she is the girl of my dreams. " the title of the song is marry Wanna, but he's actually talking about Marijuana but he's making it look as if he's singing about a girl.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiss @ July 9, 2007, 1:14 PM) [snapback]8481[/snapback]</div>
All the dj's/ singers here are madly in love with marijuana.[/b]
Just the DJ singers.....

Ok should marijuana hemp cannabis weed mary Jane herb be made illegal ? Helll frickin yes.

Oh yeah Swiss if u are caught with just a little i.e. enough for a spliff(joint) or 2 or u get a slap on the risk and ur free. I think they charge like JA$1500 i.e. US$23 .

It actually depends on where you are. In America, you get charged with possession no matter what, unless of course it's just seeds. If it's over 2 oz. it's considered to be intent to sell. As well as if it's weighed and sized out in little baggies

Swiss

function Swiss()
well the rastas are kinda excluded from all that because "it's a part of their religion" and bla bla bla, they should go to jail or pay a fee or whatever just like everyone else.