Fullmetal Alchemist Fanclub

Serph

I am The Light
yup, i agree. i kind of got pissed off when the series ended with the two of them separated. so the movie made me calm down, although i preferred they stood in the alchemist world, not boring nowadays.
yea very true alchemist world was awesome

tyron256

turnabout moderation
when watching the movie i had a hunch saying "i can see that ed will go back" , i was anxious and when he finally said he had to go back to shut the portal on his side, letting alphonse shut the one in the alchemist world, i started crying...
when alphonse went to ed's new world i was like "yahoo! way to go al"
though i also preferred they stood in the alchemist world.
lol, i was thinking the same thing. at first i was like WTH? its going to go back to the way it was before the movie, this solved nothing. then al came to our side :D

Kenzou

pink spider
It was alright. It was kinda disappointing the way they left Winry. It made all that development between Ed and Winry for nothing.

It was alright. It was kinda disappointing the way they left Winry. It made all that development between Ed and Winry for nothing.
That's just in the anime, its different in the manga. If you haven't read the manga yet I suggest you do, its quite good and progresses further than the anime and goes more indepth. Plus the plot is different too.

Serph

I am The Light
That's just in the anime, its different in the manga. If you haven't read the manga yet I suggest you do, its quite good and progresses further than the anime and goes more indepth. Plus the plot is different too.
How so? i though the manga was the same as the anime

What happened is the manga wasn't finished in time, in fact its still not done. So because the manga was still ongoing when they made the show they had to come up with a totally different ending so halfway through the show the story splits from the manga. Alot of things happen differently in the manga from the anime.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
ah, so thats how it happened. i actually read the begining but ended up skipping that part. i actually came back later on not knowing when it actually diverged from the anime.