China Extends Bans on Foreign Animation

I sure am thankful I don't have to live in China.

And for more reasons that just this. People there have a lot worse problems than just not being able to watch anime.

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
You guys do know that America had that kinda thing back the, it was a banned, they just never introduced anime early in the day on cartoon network. After a while, people started to sway to anime because it up the ratings like late at night, cowboy bebop, blue gender, trigun, and even inuyasha was always at night... Now naruto is in the afternoon and it is becoming popular, for foxkids and channel 11, back then, shaman king and pokemon where popular for kids but since they made it so bad dubbing it didn't matter. Also the licensing for america is very strick, such as if anything gets licensed by america, people have to stop disputing it non-english that is why so many subbers have to drop there anime they are subbing because it is licensed. America has a very strick rule if you guys didn't know that, but anime has been popular enough that Air Bender was made(America anime)

Rebirth CO²

Guardian Angel
Glad I don't live in China, plus no DN or Mickey is sad =(

@y0l: That's pretty interesting, I sort of knew about it, but not a lot about it. ^^;;

You guys do know that America had that kinda thing back the, it was a banned, they just never introduced anime early in the day on cartoon network. After a while, people started to sway to anime because it up the ratings like late at night, cowboy bebop, blue gender, trigun, and even inuyasha was always at night... Now naruto is in the afternoon and it is becoming popular, for foxkids and channel 11, back then, shaman king and pokemon where popular for kids but since they made it so bad dubbing it didn't matter. Also the licensing for america is very strick, such as if anything gets licensed by america, people have to stop disputing it non-english that is why so many subbers have to drop there anime they are subbing because it is licensed. America has a very strick rule if you guys didn't know that, but anime has been popular enough that Air Bender was made(America anime)
Actually thats not true, if you recall before they started airing the late night shows Cartoon Network's Toonami aired Monday thru Friday from 5pm-7pm. During this time they did air anime such as Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Robotech, and Voltron. Then 2 years later after Toonami's premiere they began the Midnight Run and showed anime then as well.

They like to control what their people see and therefor think. I feel sorry for the people...I'm glad I live in a country with freedom hahaha

Sorry did not read the article, but knowing a little about foreign media and China I'm really not suprised, neither do I think "poor China", I feel more sorry for the anime makers, they like most other media production countrys, will of been banging on China's door wanting them to accept their offerings. Even the American giants such as Disney, bow down and try and edit/make things that will be accepted to air in China, as that is where money can be made.