Bleach Dubbed

Nori

Yes, they finally did it...VIZ Media. It premiered in the U.S. on Saturday nights Adult Swim. How do you guys think it was? I'll state my opinion a little later.

I always tend to think things are better in their original versions...Bleach isn't excluded from that, I like the Japanese version a lot more...although with the English I don't have to sit there and read :p But still, overall, I like the Japanese...

it's an okay dub, but they could have got a better person to be the voice of ichigo. i think the guy that talks for him played on the power rangers. :huh:

i thought the dubbed was pretty good, better then the naruto dub. but i'm not really into a lot of dubbed animes because i perfer it in japanese/w subs.

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (db140 @ 12-5-2006 @ 9:53 PM) [snapback]1057[/snapback]</div>
hmm were is a good place to see it? but i think the orignal will still be better[/b]
Television lol. Cartoon Network, every Sunday morning at 12:00 AM...or 12:30 AM, I forget.

for anyone who doesn't like to stay up late, they also pass the whole run on cartoon network a few hours earlier, so you can find bleach on at 9 pm instead of 12 ^^. the dub is ok, they didn't destroy it like naruto, but it wasn't as good as the dubs for FMA. there's some parts which should be dramatic (the tatsuki rukia talk about ichigo's past in ep 5 or so) but are so bad they made me laugh really hard. oh well, japanese with subs will always be better for me!

Nori

The best dub that I've seen, was DBZ. I'm sure someone disagree's though.

But, as you said VIZ butchered Naruto, yet really, I don't care. It just makes it easier for me, because I don't have to rewind to read subtitles that disappear to quickly. I'm not at all interested if it sounds like the voices from Japan, considering they're not the voice-overs from Japan...

The best dub imo was yu yu hakusho. and this is coming from someone who has seen both versions.

Voices were quite true to the original. I liked how instead of trying to sound exactly like the japanese voices, they gave them there equivalents in american culture(kurama had an effeminate voice in the original, so they gave him a "Proper" type voice, which would be considered effeminate in american culture)

DOn't know what the hell was with making Jin Irish, but w/e.

DBZ dub was terrible. Voices are just as off as naruto. You probably saw the US version first tho. If you'd have seen naruto first, you'd prefer those.

as for the bleach dub......its pretty decent. I like how the humor in the show is maintained, which it usually isn't in the dub, and voices fit characters pretty well. I just wish they spoke with more feeling and all sounded less generic. Naruto dub has the same problem. Everyone sounds the same.....and boring.