Human Cloning

well it depends on a lot. first, religiously speaking, it's a complete sin since only god can give and take life and you have no right what so ever. i don't quite take in consideration the religious stuff and i can agree with cloning. what is wrong about trying to give a life?
if cloning can be perfected i have nothing against it. maybe i'll even be happy cloning myself so i won't get old :p

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
cloning would be nice if it could be perfected, stable. it's nothing wrong in trying to give someone a life, in case of death by accident, a new life. it's like being reborn, so i think it's nothing wrong with it.

tyron256

turnabout moderation
i agree with it, if perfected they could not only clone you but clone your organs (which is already somewhat here) very useful in a pinch as opposed to waiting for donors. at any rate it would be a HUGE advance in the scientific community. i think it is somewhat inevitable.

Ray

无限之剑制
it will happen soon since science is advancing at a fast rate and yea as tyron said it will help on donating organs but just clone the organ not a human being since they have a life too

for me it's wrong and unethical. well coz' it think God gave us one life to live to it the fullest. where we treasure every moment like it's our last, so it's better that way rather leaving your life all over again it gets more tiring. and i don't wanna see or have another stupid clone like me..^^

LoneWolf367

Thizzin' on Rizon
I don't really have a problem with it because I really don't think it's possible. I'm not sure though. While it is tampering with creation and playing God, and some may argue that because God gives us souls it isn't possible for a clone to be granted a soul.

If it is possible though I think it shouldn't be done anyways because a clone would not be a unique person, they would be a test subject. And- cloning of more complex animals still is far from perfect, they frequently have abnormalities and short lifespans. To create people that have strange abnormalities and then potentially give others the power to then eliminate these individuals raises many questions.

amanda

I don't really have a problem with it because I really don't think it's possible. I'm not sure though. While it is tampering with creation and playing God, and some may argue that because God gives us souls it isn't possible for a clone to be granted a soul.

If it is possible though I think it shouldn't be done anyways because a clone would not be a unique person, they would be a test subject. And- cloning of more complex animals still is far from perfect, they frequently have abnormalities and short lifespans. To create people that have strange abnormalities and then potentially give others the power to then eliminate these individuals raises many questions.
Soon they will make human clonein perfect and might make an perfect army? :maikka:

Dante

Devil Hunter of Hell
If we allow human cloning, just realize all of the illnesses we could resolve. Certain cancers, nerve replacements...I mean, with the technology that we have, we could solve a lot of miniscule problems.

Serph

I am The Light
well if we clone the same person same age he/she well have all the memorys of the real one if we can clone so yea like if a kid is brain died make a clone of him and there you go new son but the dad and mom met not want him cuz he is a clone so like ray said better to clone organs

well if we clone the same person same age he/she well have all the memorys of the real one if we can clone so yea like if a kid is brain died make a clone of him and there you go new son but the dad and mom met not want him cuz he is a clone so like ray said better to clone organs
I doubt a clone can be created to be the same age as the original and also I doubt they would have the same memories and personality. Yes they may look like the original but memories can not be found in a DNA sequence, they would be a new person.

A movie I recomend watching is "The Island", it's a really good movie based on the concept of human cloning.

Whether I think this is ethical or not is irrelevant, the process has already begun. At Texas A & M University they have many successful attempts of cloning of animals and have now opened it up to the public. I know for a fact they have a program that allows you to clone your horse, for the right amount of money of course. Its only a matter of time before someone decides to clone a human. It dosen't matter if its ethical or not its all about knowing if it can be done, its all about human curiosity and our need for knowledge.

Serph

I am The Light
Well if you take a base of DNA off of an brain cell you can get its memory and same age can become it to if the cloning am thinking is right but what ever i suck at this so yea :p

if cloning can be made perfect:
the growth of the clone will be and should be the same that of the cloned therefore it is impossible to clone yourself to have like a twin.
the memory i doubt will be the same of the cloned one cuz dna doesnt carry memory but physical characteristic signatures.

actually there is already organ cloning. life would be easy for a lot of people whose illness can only be cured/extended by organ transplants since not all of us would like to donate ours if time comes.