Microsoft bans all games that aren't released on XBox first

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Speaking in an interview with IndustryGamers Sony Computer Entertainment America's Rob Dyer, senior VP of publisher relations, has taken a shot at Microsoft's content submission and release policy. This follows revelations last week that Microsoft reserves the right to deny games a release on Xbox Live Arcade if they launch on PSN first.

"I think what [Microsoft's European VP of interactive entertainment] Chris [Lewis] and the other representatives at Microsoft are doing is protecting an inferior technology," Dyer told IndustryGamers.

Microsoft's third party guidelines are reportedly adamant that all games released on the Xbox 360 must launch "at least simultaneously" with other systems and must have "at least" the same features and content. It reserves the right to veto release if those guidelines are not met.

"I think they want to dumb it down and keep it as pedestrian as possible so that if you want to do anything for Blu-ray, or you have extra content above 9GB, or you want to do anything of that nature, you'd better sure as heck remember that Microsoft can't handle that," said Dyer.

"So potentially any time we've gone out and negotiated exclusive content of things that we've announced at things like DPS or E3, publishers are getting the living crap kicked out of them by Microsoft because they are doing something for the consumer that is better on our platform than it might be perceived on theirs.

"So from a creativity standpoint and what we are doing to try to make it better for the consumer, our view is Microsoft's doing everything they can to eliminate that because they have an inferior technology."

Dyer touched on the differences between Microsoft and Sony's attitude to independent developers, stressing indies are recognizing that Sony isn't demanding "a pound of flesh" to have a game published on the PSN. He also mentioned Sony's partnerships with Portal 2 developer Valve and Dust 514 developer CCP as examples of where the PS3 is being opened up in ways the 360 is not.
/discuss

Personally, I think it's a cheap method used by the emo little girl called MS, but hmm?

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
I think Microsoft is leading in the internet community field among the consoles, its like a blackballing the smaller game companies into playing with them. If one makes a hit game microsoft claims they are the better choice for them to make games a hit. Thus getting more game companies to rely on them and not gamble with sony or nintendo first.

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
Microsoft are so lame.
They're so anal about their merchandise. Seriously.

>Buy Skype for $8.5 Billion
>Probably gonna use it to advertise something.

>Seen the Windows 8 start screen ?
>Take a look
>Looks kinda like Xbox 360 home screen, eh ?

>Bungie considers Halo series to be finished
>Microsoft has no plans to let Halo go
>Why ? Because money.

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
Personally, I think it's a cheap method used by the emo little girl called MS, but hmm?
And it's not the only one...

My opinion on this '( as an Xbox 360 user )' is that Microsoft playing the same way like they did for their " informatik market", using all the tricks they got to stay in the best place while "restraining" the others... They are so afraid of loosing "clients" that they will use all they can to slow the others on their rush for the top place.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Ehh, the only reasons why I haven't thought about buying Xbox were the paid online gaming and pad designs. Then again, the only game I would be interested in (which is not on PS3) would be Tales of Vesperia, but meh. And now this happened. Didn't they think that their company's image would suffer greatly when people heard about their greed?

Chimer

★('°Ch†mR°') ★
Ehh, the only reasons why I haven't thought about buying Xbox were the paid online gaming and pad designs. Then again, the only game I would be interested in (which is not on PS3) would be Tales of Vesperia, but meh.
Yeah, the fact you have to pay for playing is just... *censured*, and there are some others really great games ( even if Tales Of Vesperia is good... )

And about their greed... let's just say that it worked before ( I mean lot of people knows about Micros**t attitude but... i'm still running under Windows... ).

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
They've been making continuous mistakes this year and the last.
Their image is already in ruins.

Also, in August there was a bug in Xbox live that gave users thousands of points.

These were Microsoft's first words:
Microsoft responded on their Facebook page. At first Microsoft posted, “We respect your honesty. Enjoy your xbox points.” They then tweeted, “There was a identified problem with the rewards system. The points you were rewarded are yours.”
Later that following day... Microsoft removed all those points from the all the users.
How stupid to anger tens of thousands of players like that ?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Well, free points = free games you don't pay for = no money for them = O SHI-

Rawr, we should totally make a Microsoft hate club.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Business is a war for the very survival of said company. Play by the rules and you loose, meaning your company goes bankrupt. Use, twist and bend the rules to your advantage and your company lives to see another day.

Microsoft are so lame.
They're so anal about their merchandise. Seriously.

>Buy Skype for $8.5 Billion
>Probably gonna use it to advertise something.

>Seen the Windows 8 start screen ?
>Take a look
>Looks kinda like Xbox 360 home screen, eh ?

>Bungie considers Halo series to be finished
>Microsoft has no plans to let Halo go
>Why ? Because money.
As much as I love their online and support for the console. They have really been driving a lot of things into the dirt. For example the policy of cutting support for some countries and open a new bad policy 'countries supported by live' It's pretty dumb considering Live was pretty much open to any country not so long ago. Countries that really benefit live, get to be open while those poor countries + those that haven't even gotten the chance to taste live are getting shut off. (Not like they can entirely stop some of the countries which the online play still works for. THE POWAH OF VPN!)

As long as they don't drive Skype to the ground and keep the way it is, then It's fine.
It seems they haven't even closed it off to it's competitors such as Apple, Sony, I also recall PS Vita will include Skype.

Windows 8 is a disastah, will not buy unless it will run BETTER than Win7 AND most importantly, you can disable the Kinect-looking desktop and keep the Win7 one.

Halo's story finished with Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and finally the closure and prequel, Reach.

Halo is finished in terms of canon story.

Now It's just MASTERCHIEFSHOOTER 4 FROM MICROSOFT.

YOU AREN'T BUNGIE MICROSOFT, GOOD LUCK MAKING A GOOD GAME, OH WAIT, YOU NEVER MADE ANY GAMES YOURSELF, YOU ALWAYS RELIED ON OTHERS.

as for the article, they are really going downhill on a lot of things.
When it was just the Xbox department, it was way better.

They've already pimped out Skype more than enough.

I mean, have you seen the new "call" look ?
I recall the Skype team still manage Skype soooo it's just their choice, I honestly wish they weren't updating the call's look, I'm fine with other updates like improving quality and performance of the client.

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
I recall the Skype team still manage Skype soooo it's just their choice, I honestly wish they weren't updating the call's look, I'm fine with other updates like improving quality and performance of the client.
Pretty sure Microsoft has the say in things here. Like with most things.

"DERP We want to delay Halo for more benefitz" anyone ?

But I also recall something about Games for Windows Live (Click for info if you're not sure what it is) being expanded from just a chat client + online gaming service to be used much... MUCH more in Windows 8...

Which is a disaster.

I liked it better when Microsoft didn't try to shove Live into our throats, it's a service for consoles, not PCs.

I was fine with it running in some games such as RE5, BioShock 2 and Super Street Fighter 4, etc. etc. (NOT A LOT OF GAMES WITH GFWL) but now they seem to want it everywhere, that's not how PCs work Microsoft.

Where is fucking Bill Gates? I want him back as CEO, BALLMER is shit.

Myrk

Dying from moe overdose.
I liked it better when Microsoft didn't try to shove Live into our throats, it's a service for consoles, not PCs.

I was fine with it running in some games such as RE5, BioShock 2 and Super Street Fighter 4, etc. etc. (NOT A LOT OF GAMES WITH GFWL) but now they seem to want it everywhere, that's not how PCs work Microsoft.

Where is fucking Bill Gates? I want him back as CEO, BALLMER is shit.
More like...
BALL-MORE.

LOLOL. -shot-