The London Riots

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Well, I'm sure that everyone knows about or has at least heard of the London riots that went on during the weekend. I'd like to hear your opinions and what you think of it, as well as any thoughtful or evoking articles/videos related to the incidents. I personally find it ridiculous and appalling that the thoughtless actions of the minority affect the majority in such a way; I can't even go out without fearing for my safety... In short, they are a disgrace to London, or maybe even the whole of humanity, that's my personal pov.

There's my input, please feel free to dicuss~

I'll upload some videos when I get on a PC, hopefully

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
First on the funny side [MENTION=171]Notorious[/MENTION] loot me a TV will you.

on the softer side yeah it was crappy but every place goes through it when high tension meets bored teens.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
But the level of ignorance and stupidity is just, well... Fucked up. To think that this level of barbarism could exist in the 21st century... *sigh*
What's worse is that it's not just a group of punks, there were actually quite a lot of people involved, so it's honestly just plain stupid

Oh yeah, you just HAVE to see the Ladbrokes video, I'll try and link it later

[MENTION=165]pimpd2331[/MENTION]

Sorry man, Londons fresh out of t.v.'s. Good thing you're a hipster right? :whistle:

As for the topic, it is a tragedy of how barbaric people still act in such an advanced age. I expected something more like a super rant through a means of social networking, but I guess violence is still super effective against the legislature. The thing that really irks me is the involvement of the innocent. I mean, I saw a pic of some cars being burned, and I was thinking," Wow, what if that was my car? I'd be super pissed! (especially because my insurance doesn't cover it)" But yeah, shops being lit on fire and looted? The innocent Ma and Pop who own it being forced to take shelter? I would think that London would have more class, especially since Europe criticizes the U.S. so much.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
An excellent point you have brought up there (about the effectiveness of violence), and sadly it's true. Speaking of barbarism, there's a video (check it out on YouTube if you haven't already, I'll link it if I remember to) of some thugs pretending to help out an injured boy, then stealing stuff from his bag. There's no other way to put it - simply disgusting.

Btw, I don't think it's just Europe that criticises the USA, but the rest of the world =P

Btw, I don't think it's just Europe that criticises the USA, but the rest of the world =P
Yeah, that's true, and it's especially demeaning since the U.S. has shifted from a producing country to a majorly consuming state. The U.S. is literally at the mercy of China if nothing is done.

But at any rate, the London riots is just a portrayal of social atrophy. To be honest, riots are just plain embarrassing. Haven't they learned that fighting fire with fire only leads to catastrophe? Like what Ghandi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." FYI: No I didn't get that from MW2.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." FYI: No I didn't get that from MW2.
From that Sir Ben Kingsley award winning film, right?

This really reminds me of that L.A Riots. And you guessed--they showed black people in the news report videos.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[MENTION=165] I would think that London would have more class, especially since Europe criticizes the U.S. so much.
Dude, England isnt part of Europe. They drive left, have their own money, try to block any further European integration. Really, they are not European <_<

Anyways, meh, Riots happen all the time. Its what happens when people just like to fight for the sake of fighting (hooligans), and I think thats what happening here at the core as well. These people arent doing it because they are poor or whatever, they just feel like having a good fight with the police. Causing trouble and maybe get a tv in the process. Its why you got 'sympathy' riots in other cities as well. Everyone feels its just a good time to start rioting.

Core

Fascinating...
@pimpd2331

Sorry man, Londons fresh out of t.v.'s. Good thing you're a hipster right? :whistle:

As for the topic, it is a tragedy of how barbaric people still act in such an advanced age. I expected something more like a super rant through a means of social networking, but I guess violence is still super effective against the legislature. The thing that really irks me is the involvement of the innocent. I mean, I saw a pic of some cars being burned, and I was thinking," Wow, what if that was my car? I'd be super pissed! (especially because my insurance doesn't cover it)" But yeah, shops being lit on fire and looted? The innocent Ma and Pop who own it being forced to take shelter? I would think that London would have more class, especially since Europe criticizes the U.S. so much.

Actually England is the country of decadence, decay, lack of decency and overall the sluttiest place on earth.

But just to be fair in regards to barbarism. Due to communication humans invented emotions, at a certain point simply talking about something isnt going toaccomplish anything. I am not saying riots are better but I am suggesting that without an outlet(most are banned) all that is left is just communication through words. Whilst some of you may think we are above violence. Instinct still looms beneath the surface thats why its so easy for people to just "go along with it" when they see a small group doing it.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Since i have friends there. I am kinda worried a lot about their well being.
But it was expected.People saw an opportunity and they used it.And we all know how minors can be easily influenced. So ofcourse if they seen people do it and it worked. They ll do it also.
It started as a peaceful protest of a family that lost their son.He was killed by police,and he was unarmed.The overall unsatisfaction of people escalated after that.They needed a starting point.And that was it.

I am actually more interested in the prime minister statements.He insisted police will get whatever resources they need to bring the rioting across England under control, and that every contingency was being looked at.
Rubber bullets.Water cannons. It reminds me of the soccer games.Where fans go wild.

Whatever resources the police need, they will get. Whatever tactics the police feel they need to employ, they will have legal backing to do so.

"We will do whatever is necessary to restore law and order on our streets. Every contingency is being looked at. Nothing is off the table.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Actually England is the country of decadence, decay, lack of decency and overall the sluttiest place on earth.
You make it seem like everyone in England are whores and behave like assholes. You are taking it a bit to far there, dont you think?

But just to be fair in regards to barbarism. Due to communication humans invented emotions, at a certain point simply talking about something isnt going toaccomplish anything. I am not saying riots are better but I am suggesting that without an outlet(most are banned) all that is left is just communication through words. Whilst some of you may think we are above violence. Instinct still looms beneath the surface thats why its so easy for people to just "go along with it" when they see a small group doing it.
Freud much?

But just to be fair in regards to barbarism. Due to communication humans invented emotions, at a certain point simply talking about something isnt going toaccomplish anything. I am not saying riots are better but I am suggesting that without an outlet(most are banned) all that is left is just communication through words. .
Don't they have rugby?

Core

Fascinating...
You make it seem like everyone in England are whores and behave like assholes. You are taking it a bit to far there, dont you think?

Freud much?

Not freud but ive used him enough to make you try and believe he's all I got dontcha?

And no im not taking it a bit far. Its what the english are saying about their own country. The rest of europe has ceased to care about their petty crap.

Besides Lexus if you truly believe instinct is dead. Go fuck yourself and tell me if that turned you on enough to reproduce.(and dont gimme that crap about how reproduction is hardcoded because its simply part of suvival INSTINCT, Bitch.)

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Not freud but ive used him enough to make you try and believe he's all I got dontcha?

And no im not taking it a bit far. Its what the english are saying about their own country. The rest of europe has ceased to care about their petty crap.

Besides Lexus if you truly believe instinct is dead. Go fuck yourself and tell me if that turned you on enough to reproduce.(and dont gimme that crap about how reproduction is hardcoded because its simply part of suvival INSTINCT, Bitch.)
Who said instinct is dead? Not me. Btw, your survival instincts are hard coded though. But does the source of your instinct really matter?

No, but I doubt these riots have anything to do with instinct. Riots would be an interesting field of research for psychology though.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
sorry I've seen the riots on my news.

but what is causing the riots? ;o.o;

PS:I think that they are really lame..why are they even damaging the streets and shops.

They should just all go looting. :D

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
People went wild. :shrug:
There is a growth of social cases,people that are not satisfied with the manner in which they live.
Add puberty and frustration and anger.And the word "crisis". And you get riots.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
People condemning the riots - sure.
But have they addressed the underlying problem that caused it in the first place?
I'm afraid - not.

[YOUTUBE]FtYPN9jP1Nw[/YOUTUBE]

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
At the risk of going there, this has the stain of lower-class influence all over it. As I understand it, an African-Englishman was being monitored by the police who were trying to prevent him from commiting a crime with regards to killing someone who had murdered his cousin. There was an altercation between the man and the police and he was killed. While the matter was being investigated, friends and relatives of the victim protested and it turned to riots and chaos.

I will go there on record and say this is what happens when you get too many n!ggas in one place. Yeah I said it. It doesn't matter whether it's America, England, Russia, Germany what have you. Too many black people in one place will always lead to fighting and riots. That goes for the lower class as well. And I'm playing my race card. I can keep it on the field as long as I discard two magic cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_riots_in_2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Mark_Duggan

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
At the risk of going there, this has the stain of lower-class influence all over it. As I understand it, an African-Englishman was being monitored by the police who were trying to prevent him from commiting a crime with regards to killing someone who had murdered his cousin. There was an altercation between the man and the police and he was killed. While the matter was being investigated, friends and relatives of the victim protested and it turned to riots and chaos.

I will go there on record and say this is what happens when you get too many n!ggas in one place. Yeah I said it. It doesn't matter whether it's America, England, Russia, Germany what have you. Too many black people in one place will always lead to fighting and riots. That goes for the lower class as well. And I'm playing my race card. I can keep it on the field as long as I discard two magic cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_riots_in_2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Mark_Duggan
There were plenty of white people there as well. And a lot of people that were looting actually had jobs. Sure, not the best paying jobs in the world, but certainly not dead end jobs like working for a supermarket your whole life. Hell, even some freaking rich kids got involved. Like this Athlete/ambassador for the Olympic games/rich girl. Then also a whole bunch of kids doing it. Doesnt sound like race or being poor were the main reasons to me.

And Mark Duggan was just a start. Riots soon had nothing to do with that guy anymore. To me it looks like people wanted some chaos for the sake of having chaos.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
There were plenty of white people there as well. And a lot of people that were looting actually had jobs. Sure, not the best paying jobs in the world, but certainly not dead end jobs like working for a supermarket your whole life. Hell, even some freaking rich kids got involved. Like this Athlete/ambassador for the Olympic games/rich girl. Then also a whole bunch of kids doing it. Doesnt sound like race or being poor were the main reasons to me.

And Mark Duggan was just a start. Riots soon had nothing to do with that guy anymore. To me it looks like people wanted some chaos for the sake of having chaos.
Those dimensions I am fully aware of my friend. However, given how "most" riots tend to go it's a safe bet that the initial chaos was started by the lower class. Of course people are oil and chaos is the spark that causes riots. While there were numerous communities to blame, the fire was lit by the lower class and it spread from there. As it typically does.